Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Remoulding Ski Boot Liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Please can one of our Ski Boot experts tell me how many times Ski Boot Liners can be remoulded using heat and how one does it at home without the "professional" hot air guns they have in ski shops?

I have Salomon "Custom Fit" liners that were "moulded" after they were heated up using equipment that looked like hair dryers. How many times can I remould these liners?

If I bought new liners, for example, Zip Fits; how many times could I remould those after heating them up?

How could I heat up the liners at home?

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welshflyer, I can't answer your Salomon question, but Zip-Fits constantly mould to the shape of your foot, so they can be moved from boot to boot without any problem. They contain a cork putty which allows it to flow slowly around the foot.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman,

Do Zip Fits have to be heated using "hair dryers" or is the heat of your feet sufficient to mould them?

My very old Koflach boots had "flo fit" the heat of the feet moulded the liner to the shape of your feet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
welshflyer, i was once told you could remould the Salomon ones at least once.

You can just let your feet sort zipfits out, but you're better baking the boot and the liner, then getting your feet in and bound up tight before the cool. There's a humerous clip on the web somewhere showing you how to DIY them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc wrote:
welshflyer, i was once told you could remould the Salomon ones at least once.

You can just let your feet sort zipfits out, but you're better baking the boot and the liner, then getting your feet in and bound up tight before the cool. There's a humerous clip on the web somewhere showing you how to DIY them.

Cooking with Big Tim on the telemarktips website for regular thermos.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had the shells "cooked" when I first had them fitted. I probably won't cook them again because that will remove the shell stretching that alleviated the pressure points on my feet.

The Salomon liners have already been remoulded once after the original fitting, hence my question. The liners are getting a bit loose and therefore I may have to start adding padding between the shells and liners and then have to remould the liners.

It looks as though new Zip Fits will be the answer.

Thanks for the replies.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
salomon liners can be heated 3 times but after a days skiing it will make no difference

zip fit can be heated as often as required, normally best practice is to warm the shells and the liners to get the whole lot to mould together

if the shell stretches have been done properly then heating the boot to 120degrees should not affect them...if they have not been done properly then.....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How are you going to put your feet to a boot which is 120 degrees hot? Am I missing something here?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
demos, the shell not the liner Toofy Grin ...it is pretty warm but not burning
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
aint zipfits nearly the price of new boots?? Shock

have used the telemarktips guide before and worked a treat (just baking liners)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
zipfits espresso neotex are £179.00 but well worth the investment.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
littlematt wrote:
zipfits espresso neotex are £179.00 but well worth the investment.

anywhere selling the expresso at that price is extracting the P that is an old liner ........ the new line up is Grand Prix, World Cup, Classic and Touring, with a World cup GAra for next season...... the expresso is the predecessor to the classic, and is designed for oversized boots ot people with skinny feet in boots with too much volume
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy