Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finlay Ski, Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, I hope someone out there will be able to help me with a question about Courchevel 1850 and 1650.

Last minute we've decided to go to Courchevel next w/end on an Inspired to Ski course but need to find our own accommodation. They have suggested Finlay Ski company and Chalet Elan http://www.finlayski.com/chalet_elan.htm#noscroll at 1850. It looks nice, but we've never heard of them. Has anyone used Finlay Ski and if so, what did they think?

Alternatively, we could stay at a Skiworld chalet but this is at 1650. Looks a nice chalet and is £356 off normal price. We used Skiworld in Tignes in December and were impressed with them. However, the Inspired to Ski course is at 1850 which means we would need to get up from 1650 for 9am each morning. Is it easy to get to 1850 from 1650?

So is it better the devil you know and go with Skiworld but make the trip up each morning, or use Finlay Ski who we don't know but are much more conveniently placed.

I must get the sorted out tomorrow morning and so am hoping a Snowhead will be able help. Very Happy

Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's shuttle buses beteen C1650 and c1850 as they are on the same bit of the mountain and it' should take that long c. 10 minutes IIRC. I think it might be tricky to be there on snow for that time, depending on the lift opening times - IIRC you'd need to take the bubble and at least 2 other lifts (if not more) to get into 1850 but it's been a few years so I might not be the best placed to answer this q,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beverley, went with Finlayski to 1850 ages ago, can't remember the chalet, but was nice, very ski convenient, good staff and good food. Haven't heard much about them recently but if they're still going they've got to be ok!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beverley, Re travel from 1650, bus is really your only option to get from 1650 to 1850 as the lifts may not be open in time. It can be rather a squeeze though.
Im not certain where this chalet actually is in 1850, have you seen a map?
BTW, I thought Inspired to ski use Mark Warner?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, we worked for Finlays in 2003 running one of their chalets in 1550. I don't know about skiworld, but Finlays had very high standards and were quite strict with us chalet-bums, which must be a good thing! Chalet Elan is a big chalet at the bottom of 1850. You can ski almost right to the door by going under the bridge at the shopping centre, then bearing left rather than heading down to 1550. It is perhaps a little old-fashioned inside (or at least it was in 2003), but has a traditional chalet feel with a lovely open fire. I never got to see what the bedrooms were like. It is going to be much more convenient for you to be based in 1850, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Finlays as a company. The small operators usually seem to put in more effort, and you get personal service.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Friends went with Finlays in 2003 to 1550, they were VERY impressed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed with Finlays in 1550 a few years ago and they were great, recommended.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you all for this. Just had long conversation with Finlays and have decided to go with them. It's in a quite cul de sac and you ski down to a button which takes you up into the main area. Or you can walk up to the centre in about 5-6 mins. I've read a review that it was a bit 'tired' decor wise but they have recently invested some money in upgrading bathrooms/carpets etc. Flight times coming back from Grenoble also mean we can ski in the morning on the last day.

Inspired to Ski use Chalet Dahu which is more expensive but also big and noisier. We prefer smaller chalets.

Again Snowheads to my rescue, thank you. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have stayed in the Chalet Elan with Finlays (admittedly, quite a number of years ago!) and it is excellent. It is practically ski-in-ski-out and so ideally placed for you.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Beverley, Will Inspired to Ski be holding the video de-briefing sessions at the Chalet Elan? In past years it was always based at the Dahu, that's where the instructors are usually accomodated during the courses.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BMF_Skier, Inspired are staying in Chalet Dahu and yes, I suppose that is where the video sessions will be.

We were told that there was no space left at Chalet Dahu so that's why we looked elsewhere and where recommended to try Chalet Elan. However, our chalet comes in at just over £100 each each cheaper for the week, plus I'd rather have somewhere smaller. I've read it can be quite noisy in Dahu.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Beverley, I've stayed there twice, the only noise issue i can recall was a couple of years ago and was a result of a lack of sound proofing on the bedroom doors. Conversations in the corridors can be overheard. I certainly have had worse and the guests aren't normally the rowdy types. From what i've now read about the Elan i'd consider booking there if I ever return to CV 1850. Please let us know what the chalet was like.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BMF_Skier, Thanks, I will let you know how we find it. They have given us Room 6 which is a large en-suite twin on the first floor, so not on the same floor as the entrance/lounge/kitchen etc.,

So far I've been impressed with Finlays as they've been very efficient and although only booked on Monday, I've already received a folder containing all our documents/e tickets/luggage labels etc.

Fingers crossed Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy