Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone used a "Snowpass" Swatch ?

brian
brian
My wife bought me a Swatch "Snowpass" watch for Christmas. Apparently, when we go to Zermatt in a couple of weeks, I can use it as a liftpass. Anyone done this ? Do you just turn up at the ticket office with your watch ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, I think so, if it's like Wengen they simply place it on a special pad and just programme in the details I think, but I've never seen one done with a Swatch
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got one, they're OK, if you go once or twice a year I'm sure it'll be fine. For regular user, say 20 or 30 times a season, I found it got increasingly unreliable and the lift offices were either unable to load it or the load didn't last the weekend. I can think of a few reasons why that might be but after a while I got fed up of it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had mine for almost 10 years - some Austrian resorts were early adopters of the SkiData system (which the Swatch Access watches use). You just hand it over at the liftpass office and they program it (although they usually also give you a card to show that you have paid, for use on things like skibusses included with the liftpass).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got one but I haven't used it as such. Perhaps I didn't quite trust it to work...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink, did we meet in the Alpaca in Tignes Dec 03? Just wondered as we (wife and I) met a guy by the name of Alastair there who had a Swatch "Snowpass".
latest report
 brian
brian
Thanks folks, like Cathy, I guess it sounds a bit like the sort of thing that could leave you stuck behind a barrier. I'll give it a go though.

ise, 20 or 30 times a season ? in my dreams Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, Swatch Snowpass watches were very comfy. I have one, my kids have one each. We've used it for the past three/four years
I said "were" bacause due to licensing problems with Swatch (so the rumors go) most of the resorts where I use to go skiing (dolomitisuperski for one) have now moved away from the system (last year the license had expired, and it has not been renewed)
So, if the resort uses it it's a comfortable help. Check it first.
No fumbling with passes, optical bar code readers and such. Just ne4ar your wrist to the reader and voila', the gate opens ,
Plus, the ticket office is (from my experience) always providing you with the traditional card as a proof of purchase and as a back up...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mark Hunter wrote:
Alastair Pink, did we meet in the Alpaca in Tignes Dec 03? Just wondered as we (wife and I) met a guy by the name of Alastair there who had a Swatch "Snowpass".

No, I wasn't in Tignes then - it must have been a different Swatch owning Alastair snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm off to Serre Chevalier next week, you can use the Snowpass watch there. I'll let you know how it goes.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A friend of mine bought one about six years ago in Livigno. Unfortunately he has been unable to use it as all the resorts we have been to since use the "electronic credit card" system. Dissapointment for him but at least his "lift pass" can tell the time! I cant buy a packet of crisps on my "credit card" lift pass neither on my mastercard either to think of it, maybe my credit is a bit dodgy Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alastair, shame, you missed an hilarious few days Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Brian
If the resort you're going to uses them then take it, they take all the hassle out of it This season in the dolomites and other parts of Italy they have changed the system and its now a card that you can put in your jacket. It works just like the Swatch access used to. If anybody out there is going to a resort with swatch access drop me a PM and you can have mine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
I'm off to Serre Chevalier next week, you can use the Snowpass watch there. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Helen,I understand you are based up in Serre Chevalier .Do you know how you load the swatch snowpass online.And can you recomend good places to have lunch .Will be their 16th jan chalet pyrene so maybe meet up.
Cheers.Carl
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We see tham occasionally, and I used to use one in Serre Chevalier now and then. They have the same chip in as you find in the lift pass cards, so we just stick it on the machine and code it as usual.
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend of mine has one and it worked very well. However, as Matteo said, resorts seems to be going off the system and he hasn't been able to use it recently. We were in Zermatt in 2008 but I don't think that he used it there. However, that may have been because the hotel had already provided a normal lift pass. Hope it works for you!
latest report
brian, As snowbandits Mrs I felt obliged to respond! I have used a swatch snowpass for a number of years in Zermatt with no problems whatsoever. I have found it convenient and it has never let me down going through the electronic turnstiles.
All you need to do is present the watch at the ticket office - Gornergrat is best if you are downtown. If you are up at Klein Matterhorn base station they can also charge it up there. They provide a credit receipt should anything go wrong at the lifts but I have never had a problem. The best is if you change jackets or anything you are less likely to forget to move your pass over Puzzled as long as you wear your watch each day... Very Happy. I have done this only once (before swatch) and have never lived it down. Mr snowbandit not pleased!!!! Had to yomp back to apartement. Enough said Madeye-Smiley Off to Galtur/Ischgl on Sat - weather permitting - will check out the swatch website to see if I can use it there. Happy ski-ing and enjoy Zermatt, we will most likely be there in April.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy