Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone used ESF in Val Thorens for children for private tuition?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Val Thorens in Easter and unfortunately proneige do not offer a couple of days private tuition in that week. so we are thinking of using ESF. I have very rarely heard anything good about ESF for children and in fact we had a bad experience with them in Avoriaz in group lessons.when our kids were 3 and 4. However I am hoping that now they are older (8 and 9) and the fact they will also be with their cousins aged 8 and 11 will help. They are now also doing red/black runs as intermediates.
Does anyone have a specific name of an ESF instructor we could ask for?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boxals wrote:
We are going to Val Thorens in Easter and unfortunately proneige do not offer a couple of days private tuition in that week. so we are thinking of using ESF. I have very rarely heard anything good about ESF for children and in fact we had a bad experience with them in Avoriaz in group lessons.when our kids were 3 and 4. However I am hoping that now they are older (8 and 9) and the fact they will also be with their cousins aged 8 and 11 will help. They are now also doing red/black runs as intermediates.
Does anyone have a specific name of an ESF instructor we could ask for?

Just spent New Year at VT and used ESF for my daughter (6) - admittedly she was not in private lessons - we did that the year before and decided that a group lesson would benfit more this time round - a wee bit too much giggling with her cousin last time.

I can say that we were very happy with the tuition she recieved, her instructor was a Brit guy called David. Cant praise him enough - really did a good job - answered his phone when we had to catch the group up on new years day after a cock up over lift opening times and told us where he was and where he would be so we could RV and drop off little miss matricks. All in all cant fault the guy at all. Dave confessed to living in Birmingham (no accent tho) and is a long term regular instructor in VT. At the time he was running the Kid ski School in the AM and doing private lessons in the PM - definately gets a recommend from me.

However, this has to be tempered by the fact that my wife also took lessons - with a French guy (Michele) who spoke English (you may not be able to guarantee that you get a brit..... read on) Michele was the complete opposite to Dave and was frankly awful, by the end of the week 3/4 of his "group" had quit!! (probably his plan...)

So, there is a huge difference i would hope that its not down to Nationalities... but....

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 11-01-09 14:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I haven't used ESF in Val Thorens, however when I went there last January a friend and I did have private lessons with Prosneige and couldn't recommend them highly enough. Very competitive rates and our instructor was fantastic, so good in fact that although we had only intended to have one lesson, we went back the next day to book another one!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go with ESF if you can get them to promise you a native English speaker. Some of the instructors that ESF claim speak English often actually have very poor English - but you might be lucky.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boxals, Hi there, my son and husband had private lessons in VT with esf in 2006 - I know a few years ago but my son (Charlie was 8 at the time) still talks about his instructor now - his name was Stephane Pierson. Stephane was great fun and really made a huge effort with my son, he spoke good English and often had my son in fits of laughter.

We have booked private lessons, group lessons and my son has attended competition courses with ESF and we have never had a bad experience - still there is always a first time !!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy