Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA luggage allowance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When we go skiing we usually take a normal bag with all our clothes in and a large 'Animal' bag which has all the bulky items such as our helmets, ski wear etc. It is never over the weight allowance but BA also have a dimensions limit now. If we don't use the front pocket we just come in under the 158cm allowance, but the front pocket does stick out a bit even when empty. Does anyone know how strict BA about this limit, we don't want to arrive at Heathrow to find we cannot take the bag.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anniegirl, I see a lot of people flying with helmets clipped to a hand luggage strap and hanging free.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anniegirl,

They are strict on limiting the weight of any hold luggage to a maximum of 23kg. However they would have been happy for me to have taken more hold baggage but I couldn't physically carry any more bags.

To be safe keep within the limits. I believe you can take 2 pieces of hand luggage per person.

Why don't you call them. They were happy to talk to me when I had a query and they don't have a call centre outside of the UK. I thought their website was very good with this information.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniegirl, if the bag is "squashy" and if not full could be squashed to fit within the dimensions I think they'd be fine with it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I believe you can take 2 pieces of hand luggage per person

From the BA website:

one standard-sized bag - maximum size of the bag must not exceed 56x45x25cm (22x17.5x9.85in) (including wheels, pockets and handles)
In addition, one laptop sized bag, handbag or briefcase

Separately with the hold luggage 158cm rule, I'd be surprised if they notice if you are only marginally over. It's the sum of height + width + depth, and I've never seen anyone getting out the tape measure at check in.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy