Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any comments re Paragliding in Meribel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some of our crew want to try paragliding, has anyone used this company before, TandemTOP Christophe "ASTRO" Long or can anyone recommend someone. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone operating tandem paragliding operations should be fully qualified tandem pilots. Your travel insurance may not cover you in the unlikely event that you have an accident.

In the winter the paragliding flights are generally not that exciting because there will be little or no thermic lift and you flight will simply be be "a sled ride" down from "top to bottom". A typical flight at this time of year will last about 10 minutes.

However, if it's a nice sunny day you'll enjoy the feeling of floating through the air.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you go too the top off the Col de loze above altiport you can find the experts hanging around up there and might be able to get a flight for a good price wink

Regards Mark
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
welshflyer wrote:
A typical flight at this time of year will last about 10 minutes.

Sounds more like a speed-flying session
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof,

I paraglide. No way on earth would I try speed-flying/speed-riding, there have been too many fatalities in that sport.

The Col de Loze take off is above Couchevel Le Praz/1850. I don't know where the Meribel take off is.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the feedback, I must say they are getting cold feet, (no pun intended!)....at 90euros a flight, I would too! NehNeh
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kiters,

When are you going?

If you're going later in the ski season, when the snow starts to melt in the town, there is more likelihood of there being thermals (not the ones you wear) and if the paraglider pilot hasn't got a queue of customers waiting he may take you flying for longer than the "10-15 minute sled ride".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The guys are looking at 26th Jan, so it seems like just a straight jump and down in. .Im not even contemplating it, too chicken ! The guide has said the following
its a 1400m high meter flight, land and Méribel center and time of flight is 15 mins
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kiters,

You could always do a tandem paragliding flight here in the UK instead of wasting valuable skiing time.

Look at the British Hanggliding & Paragliding Association (BHPA) website. I don't know who does tandems in your area, I know most of the pilots on the South Downs near Brighton.

One of the meccas for paragliding in the UK is SE Wales. The SE Wales flying club with donations from most of the other British clubs bought the Blorenge Mountain overlooking Abergavenny for free flying.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy