Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying ski boots in chester/north west

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a great ski boot fitter in the north west?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WaveyDavey, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/

Rivington Alpine, in Horwich near Bolton. Independent ski shop, very personal service, all sorts of high tech equipment to get the right fit, be prepared to spend about 3 – 4 hours there, owner Graham Hugh is fantastic and will make sure that you get the right shell for your foot. I went to all the usual high street stores first, and realised they knew less than me about fitting boots. I have a very narrow ankle and narrow heel, so had tried loads of different boots on, and was about to give up, then I remembered this shop, ( it has a travel agent attached and they booked our first ever ski holiday, and we hired all our stuff from there, not wanting to buy in case we didn’t like it...14 years later, still hooked...). The shop is busy, so might be worth phoning to book a slot, as I think only Graham does the boot fittings. I ended up with a really good priced pair of Lange boots, that I hadn’t been shown anywhere else.

Hope this helps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the help and welcome Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go and see Dave at Sail and Ski in Chester. Small store but been around for years and is a really nice family run store with good brands, on the case 'eals and good after sales service (if needed!). - www.sailandski.co.uk
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
WaveyDavey,
Chris Hill at Ventura, St Helens, www.venturaski.co.uk
Excellent
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sharon1953, when did the Wallwork family sell Rivington Alpine (or Ski as it used to be known) or are they still involved? Bought my first skis from them back in roughly 1990 and I hate to think how much money we've spent there. I heard they were offering improved boot-fitting recently.

As BG says, Chris Hill is another option and certainly knows his stuff, although last time we went there (about 2003) he didn't have much in the way of boot-fitting kit. Times may have changed though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sideshow_Bob, Well the older man and his son were there, but in the Travel Agent part, they were the people that we understood owned the place when as you say, it was Rivington Ski, but it’s about 14 years since we’ve been there. Graham seems to own the place now; there must have been a buy-out of the ski shop, I assume they separated the business. The boot fitting was very sophisticated, even had a ski simulator machine (like a ski exercise machine) so they can see if any canting is needed on your boots. I was quite impressed!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sail & Ski were fine with me when I had my boots fitted there, not pushy at all and let me spend as much time trying different boots as well as helping me out wrt the way it should be fitting etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy