Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it just BA being rubbish...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Or is everyone else stuck.. Fog, delay, pre board, lost crew, wait, new crew delayed, need de iced, waiting de icing arghhhh. Now over 3 hours and now sitting on board waiting to start the journey.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
.. you're on an aircraft Shocked

With the 'expensive-but-described-otherwise' you'd still be in a terminal rolling eyes

I hope you get away soon though ... apart from the fog , clear skies over most of Europe so just a catch-up jobbie ( I hope).

A quick look at NCE, PAR, LGW and GVA arrivals suggests that you're better off than flying in an Orange tube today.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out Madrid - first major snowstorm in 10 years yesterday brought the airport to a halt and my cousin is now more than 24 hours delayed - on the plus side BA is going to pay for their extra night's hotel room and probably a big chunk of their expenses from today...... now you don't get that with queezyjet or ryan don't care!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fog creates a delay due to slower rates of movement on the ground, on approach and for departures - it affects all airlines operating out of that specific airport. If you're at Heathrow then you will be delayed as this airport is operating at near enough max capacity on a good day - there just isn't the slack in the system that allows for fog, thus cancellations ensue. Now if they had a 3rd runway - that would ease things but that's a hot potato at the moment.

Trust me when I say that you should wait for your aircraft to be de-iced. Just google Air Florida Flight 90 and Potomac river and you'll agree being de-iced is quite important.

If the crew that were rostered to operate your flight were delayed into your airport due fog then there is nothing you can do but wait. Hopefully they'll just be a bit delayed and still within duty hours and thus able to operate your flight. Flight crew and aircraft are rostered multi sector days to maximise effeciency in order to keep costs down thus enabling lower fares. When there is a delay to the system this just concertinas down the line - a way to minimise this would be to book a seat on the very first flight out in the morning.

So, personally IMHO, I don't think BA are being rubbish.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulmags, you'd rather die?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
paulmags, Here is what it took to get us out of Jackson Hole last week ( a small high airport with a short runway - and 11 planes - mainly small - leaving the runway last year)

Board plane - push back - wait half an hour - no aircon (you don't want to breathe deicer) then deice.
Then get message that braking action on runway "zero" but they are not sure so we will go and check.
Watch other planes unloading pax and luggage
We head to runway and do a high speed taxi then slam on the anchors - skid around a bit (and this is a 757 - nothing small)
Pilot tells us "not good" so they will send the ploughs and brushes out again.
Back to the gate - no aircon as the engines off.
Then two smaller planes land - report "fair" braking action.
By this time some people want to get off - Pilot says " very happy for you to folks, but you hold baggage stays and our services out of here are booked for the next 5 days"... every one stays.
Finally head off the ramp 2 hours late,take off into a stiff headwind which ensures we are way up before we are even half way down a really short runway.

But actually I think that was brilliant service, and great decision making in a safety conscious industry.

Try going through O'Hare or Denver in bad weather conditions. Airports with lots of runways but a hell of a queue for de-icing.

Sure it is frustrating - but what are you going to do - get out and walk? And as bucking bronco demonstrates - it doesn't take much ice contamination of wings to have a really bad day.

Anyway - have a good holiday!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother, similar experience out of Seattle last weekend although being Northwest their deicing kit failed and while all the other flights got away we were returned to the gate, told NWA wouldn't be paying for accomodation and told to come back the next day. Some very angry customers, most of whom Brits who having been on ski hols knew nothing about the city.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The sun has shone, the wings have deiced, and we have at last made it - well almost as bad as that! Then took an hour and a half to find the deicer. We return on Saturday so great if someone could tell BA that it might be cold again ! What other industry can be so dodgy..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoatsbrother, I actually shat myself just reading your story.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy