Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's the cheapest/quickest transfer from Geneva to Chatel?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

There's 4 of us on a budget travelling from Geneva to Chatel in Feb. Have tried to search for a shared shuttle minibus but can't seem to find anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a firm that does cheap transfers (we can only spend up to £50-60 each on return transfer). We want to avoid hiring a car if possible as none of us are confident drivers. If we do have to, the cars seem cheaper from the French side of Geneva. Has anyone driven from Geneva French side to Chatel - is it easy? Heard there is a problem getting back into the French side of the airport as it's hard to find. Is it advisable to have snow chains? Please help?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skioap, welcome to snowHead

Loads of info here about car hire from Geneva, check out search facility. Generally you will find that the cost (from French side)is more than advertised as you will have to pay extra for winter extras on car. The drive from Geneva to Chatel is straightforward.

For transfers try http://www.altibus.com/fr/infos_pratiques/stations.html if a Saturday would need to book.

http://www.skitransfers.com/ have used these guys on a number of occasions, looks like would be about €82.50 each return, which is about right I'd say.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - this was really helpful. Think I'll go for the skitransfers.com option. Brilliant! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skioap - www.skitransfers.com are very good, but they're based in Les Gets, so I suspect there may be cheaper options available to you.

You could try sending a Private Message (hit "Send/Read Messages" under the SnowHeads logo) to SnowMonkey who runs a chalet business in Chatel. He might be able to help, but if not will be able to point you at a transfers local transfers business.

Lou is right that the drive is straightforward, but, IMHO, then if you aren't confident drivers then you really aren't going to enjoy navigating to / from the French side of the airport.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try http://www.ProfessionalTransfers.com - as they're based right in Chatel and are probably one of the most professional shuttle services in the region.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skioap, Have you booked accommodation yet? I stayed in Chatel last season and a lot of independent chalets were offering free transfers as part of the accommodation price.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.magic-transfers.com/

This is a friends company. If he cannot do it, PM me, I have another friend or even myself who could probably do it. Also, what is the exact date, is it on a changeover day or mid week?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Magics quick quote is 70 euros per head.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,

I'd agree, we used http://professionaltransfers.com loads last season and they were really good, laughed when I saw the quote on their website about that great airline we have to use Sad What makes them over and above the other transfer companies is that they have been in the business for years, so really know what they are doing, when so many other people think they can do it. They also have a UK presence, which I found to be really useful when we had a problem, as they also arranged for our transfers in the UK to the airport.

Ikey
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello,

The new transfer company based in Chatel is http://www.alpacatransfers.com who offer an excellent service in their brand new minibuses at a great price. Very professional in appearance and all correspondence.

Cheers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey!
We have booked to stay in Chatel (2 adults 2 kids) from 16th to 24th Feb 2015.
We are flying to Geneva so need a transfer that can deal with 1 ski bag and luggage for 4> We are on a tight budget and it is not Saturday to Saturday (Mon to Tues 8 nights total)
We also need Recommendations for good hire shop for kids skis, ski lessons and cheap/good places to eat.
As it is over half term we would like to book pretty much everything before we get there...
Also family ski pass etc....If there is any one company that can deal with all this or part of this please feel free to offer your services!
Should probably have come on here BEFORE booking accommodation but we paniked as everything looked to be sold out or waaaaaay too expensive!
HEEEEEEllllllllPPPPPP :-0)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski Hire 2 U are good, and they come out to where your staying to fit you, if you need to change anything just call them and they'll come and sort it out - and they pick all the gear up at the end of your hols - so no lugging loads of gear around with kids in tow!

Ski lesson - ESi are good, they speak english and have lots of instructors

cheap, good places to eat - pizzas are always relatively cheap, but you can get good food at a few restaurants in the village centre, eating up the mountain isn't cheap but meals are always huge and even I (who likes eating) will share

Family ski passes you can get on you first day at the lift office, either at Linga, Superchatel or Pre la Joux

Magic transfers will be your best bet for a shared transfers, for the price it's an alright service. they'll get you where you need to go, but aren't the Best (Professional Transfers are defo the best)

As for having 1 company to sort all this out for you, I'm not sure you'll be so lucky - chalet companies will sort it for you if you book your holiday with them but by the sounds of it you've gone self catered in an appartment, so they probably won't feel they should
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
darksummer8, Magic Transfers are very good. For lessons, BASS Chatel are superb for all levels of adults and kids, book soon for half term though! For hire Pre la Joux sports who give a discount to BASS clients, are located right at the ski school meeting point so very convenient if you need to make any changes to kit and you can store the kit there overnight, all very convenient and friendly service too snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've been invited to stay at a friends' chalet in Chantel next week and am considering going but have only managed to find very expensive transfers; i.e. €350-400 Euro for one person return transfer between Geneva and Chatel. If anyone knows of a cheaper transfer, or is going next week and don't mind acquiring an extra person to share transfer with please do let me know! Thanks, Yuka.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've been invited to stay at a friends' chalet in Chantel next week and am considering going but have only managed to find very expensive transfers; i.e. €350-400 Euro for one person return transfer between Geneva and Chatel. If anyone knows of a cheaper transfer, or is going next week and don't mind acquiring an extra person to share transfer with please do let me know! Thanks, Yuka.
snow conditions
ski holidays
Hi yuka,

We have just come back from chatel (we drove), but the apartment owner did give us some tips on travel. Most straightforward way is using swiss public transport from Geneva airport to morgin poste and take a taxi 17euro from there. He did mention the swiss public transport website, can look it up if you need it....

Should be cheapest.....

Simone
snow conditions
Thanks a lot Simone - will take a look but might have to give you a shout if I can't find it Very Happy
snow conditions
@yuka76, Have you tried Magic Transfers? Usually Euro40 per person each way. I doubt Swiss public transfer and taxi will get anywhere close and would be much slower. We've used them a few times and they have been very reliable.
latest report
Above is for a shared transfer - private much more expensive
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy