Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Yet another topic on buying the right ski, for me

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks and what a great forum it is. I've learnt loads by just trawling through. Thanks.

I'm about to by some skis and boots (and poles and a bag), everything really.
My ski ability is probably intermediate, been away every year for the last couple of years. I ski the reds happily and do enjoy the odd black run.

This year I'm off for two weeks, Switzerland for a week and then France, so it seems like a very good time to get my own kit.

I originally decided, after reading some reviews that the X-Wings 10s were the skis for me but after further research the Scott Punishers sounded even better suited. I guess I'll be mainly on piste, a little bit off and probably a little park work. (There are quite a few boarders in my group)

The price of the Punishers is not bad either.

£299 for Punishers with Salomon S10 Bindings.
£376 for Punishers with Tyrolia Peak 12 Bindings.

The questions I have for you experts are:

Are punishers the right choice.
Do I go for the Saloman S10 bindings? (good value and would be my first pair of skis)
What length should I go for? (I know the twin tip requires the ski to be longer than normal)
Any one recommend a good shop and or boot fitter in the West Midlands? I’m just south of Birmingham. (Solihull)

Me: 27 years old, 5'8" (173cm) about 13.5 Stone (85kg)

I was thinking the 172 should be about right, the same height as me.

Any of your thoughts on the above would really be appreciated, if you need to know anything else, please ask.
Many thanks in advance

Pete
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you want to get everything from one source, then Lockwoods in Leamington Spa would be the obvious choice as they have a very good reputation as bootfitters.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks eng_ch!

I'll have to pop over and see them. They are actually only a couple of miles from where I work.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy