Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any advice on fitting Hotronic footwarmers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Has anyone any advice on fitting these to their boots? The manual says to stick the flat cable to the back of the innerboot using duct tape. However no type of tape will stick to my innerboot, as it peels off almost immediately.
Has anyone come across a similar problem or have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ken
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carafw, well mine is done with duct tape - you'll have to find a stickier kind! You need to cut (stanley knife) a slot at the bottom back of the heel for the wire to come out, if you've not already done so.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carafw, get someone else to do it Laughing Laughing

it is a PITA to do and there are many liners where tape won't stick, if you can't get it to stick i wouldn't worry about putting anyhting to hold it in place, just be careful when you put the liner into the shell the cable will stay in place...if you do want to stick it down then you could try warming the liner a little with a hair dryer applying the tape then warming the tape, this sometimes helps the adhesive to bond better, another thing that can work is putting tape across the way in a couple of bands top and bottom then running the vertical piece up the back of the boot

good luck

anyone fitting these, i would suggest cutting a slot in the sole of the liner in the forefoot directly below where the element goes through the footbed and running the cable along the outside bottom of the liner and up the back, cutting the back of the liner can be difficult and there is a risk of cutting critical stitching
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM wrote:
i would suggest cutting a slot in the sole of the liner in the forefoot directly below where the element goes through the footbed

Would that advice also apply to Zipfits and foamed liners?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
CEM wrote:
i would suggest cutting a slot in the sole of the liner in the forefoot directly below where the element goes through the footbed

Would that advice also apply to Zipfits and foamed liners?

very much so...you don't want to be cuting the back of the zip fit...puncture that cork sack and ........ well Skullie Skullie
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, thanks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM,
Thanks for the advice CEM. I'll try what you suggest and it's good to know that others have had problems as well. I've also learnt a new acronym PITA!!
Thanks again,
Ken
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy