Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top tips for survival on the slopes - Guardian today

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did anybody read this in today's Grauniad? Love the picture accompanying the story Laughing

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/jan/09/skiing-wintersports
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The fact that he's managed to get in between the two trunks rather than hitting one straight on suggests indescision and a lack of commitment. Otherwise good style marks for getting at least part of one ski above head height, good penetration of the target and a nicely coordinated outfit. snowHead snowHead snowHead /5
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good mention for Rorrie Scott who works for the ESF here in Tignes and has taught a few snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stewart woodward, is that the same Rorie Scott who used to race for Slalom Plus based out of Gloucester?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If you simply can't resist that virgin powder, take a local guide. "Even I only ski off-piste on my own locally," says Farley.

Grauinad strikes again, or am I missing something here (like a guide)?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sideshow_Bob, yes it is - I had a couple of lessons with Rorie & he told me he was ex-Gloucester. Great guy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
halfhand wrote:
Did anybody read this in today's Grauniad? Love the picture accompanying the story Laughing

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/jan/09/skiing-wintersports

Was that picture taken just before the bear comes out from the woods saying "you're not really here for the skiing, are you?" Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarpa, You're my little puppy now (Basso Profundo) Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whay hey Rorie gets a mention in the Grauniad - nice one! Toofy Grin

Yeah, Rorie still spends his summers in Gloucester and still does stuff with Slalom Plus - good bloke and will hopefully see him when I'm over in Tignes in February for some 'recreational' skiing together snowHead

He's not a "guide" though, he's an instructor... there's a difference!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Rorie rocks snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ah, so this "Ben Farley" is an expert then? Based on what? From the available evidence I'm an expert too. Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name, Are you sufficiently good to say humbly
"Even I only ski offpiste on my own locally"? and to reasure everyone that accidents only happen in the afternoon?

No idea who the Morgan bloke/blokess quoted is either.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
ah, so this "Ben Farley" is an expert then? Based on what? From the available evidence I'm an expert too. Puzzled Puzzled

So you have been employed by a TO as a "ski host" then have you?

That is about the limit of the available "evidence" admittedly, but they don't usually employ people as ski hosts unless they are at least decent skiers.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, you mean, am I good enough to humbly spout toot? Yes, I sure am.

alex_heney, yes, I have, for several seasons. And I've been a T.O.

Being a "decent" skier gives no information about capability to impart knowledge about safety, etc. If the article said, "Bob Greatskieur", ex-survival training expert, avalanche rescue expert, former paramedic and fully qualified mountain guide it's one thing. All one determines is that he's a "ski host" (phnarr, phnarr, which can cover a multitude of sins) and a bit of goggling reveals only that he and his wife run a catered chalet. Careful with that hot sauce Bob!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
fatbob, you mean, am I good enough to humbly spout toot? Yes, I sure am.

alex_heney, yes, I have, for several seasons. And I've been a T.O.

Fair enough.

In that case, there is a good chance that by most people's definition you are an expert, although the implication of your post certainly seemed to suggest you don't feel you are.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy