Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

goggle lense advice...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guy's, I'm after some goggle lens advice. I have some smith regulator fuse goggles (I plan on wearing my helmet so I'll prefer to use goggles all of the time), as far as i can remember (i bought them end of last season) i have the following lenses with them:

-"RC36
The universal lens tint. Combines rose and copper base tints. Provides the absolute best vision in most conditions. Increases depth perception and cuts glare in all conditions. "

-"Sensor Mirror
Light rose base lens tint with a multi-layer mirror maximizes color definition and increases depth perception in varying levels of flat light conditions."

Would they be ok for my trip to the alps this month or should i be looking at lenses which give better protection?

I've tried the goggles in the garden in bright light and the rc36 lens seems to dim the light but not a lot when comparing them to sunglasses, as far as i can tell i have the sensor mirror lens but it isn't really that mirrored compared to lenses such as oakley. This lens seems to brighten things up slightly.

Any advice on what different lenses to have for bright sunlight and cloudy/blizzard conditions?

thanks-Hugh
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hugh_b, Take both. Start with the RC36.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ive got some Oakleys with persimmon lenses,fine in low light and give enough protection in brightest conditions..Your RC36 are similar, I dont think you can compare uk back garden light to the alps but i'm sure your lenses will be fine.Dont stress wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its nigh on impossible to find replacement smith lenses in this country anyway...I got the Iridium ones, which they don't seem to do anymore, which are great for super bright and sunny days...but a bit tonka for flat light.

you don't want to be darkening you vision, the lenses will filter out glare and constrast and UV rather then light per se..and the ones you list will probably be fine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ok cool, thanks guy's, i'll probably just take what i have then. I did wonder why i couldn't find lenses apart from in the USA. When buying smiths i assumed spares would be easy to come by like their mx goggles are but obviously not!
Would you say it's worth sticking them on ebay before i use them (to maintain the as new look) and buy some oakleys which seem to be easier to get spare lenses for?
From what a friend has said and the replies on here i'm guessing the lenses are to dim the light but mainly stop the harmful uv rays from damaging my eyes which can't be seen?

cheers-Hugh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy