Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

vaujany

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking into a tyrip to vaujany in feb -i have searched the forums and most seem to say it is nice but quiet.i have 2 questions I would be grateful for help on:

how quiet is quiet ? Iknow this is v subjective--we are a family looking for restaurants/tex mex/pizzerias to eat in at night(not too bothered re bars/nightclubs) also one of our party is a non skier,what are the facilities like for non skiers?-this ties into my 2nd question(i know its my third really

is the lift up from vaujany to ADH usable up and down by people without skis?

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a *few* restaurants and a pizza takeaway place. Reasonable but not exciting.

There isn't a whole lot to do for the non-skier. There is a nice leisure centre with pool, slides, sauna, jacuzzi, steamroom, gym.

You can get to Alpe d'Huez by lifts alone but you'd need to go via Oz. Possible but pretty convoluted

I love Vaujany but I wouldn't recommend it for a non-skier unless they like reading lots of books!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno wrote:
There are a *few* restaurants and a pizza takeaway place. Reasonable but not exciting.

There isn't a whole lot to do for the non-skier. There is a nice leisure centre with pool, slides, sauna, jacuzzi, steamroom, gym.

You can get to Alpe d'Huez by lifts alone but you'd need to go via Oz. Possible but pretty convoluted

I love Vaujany but I wouldn't recommend it for a non-skier unless they like reading lots of books!
Absolutely agreed, in every respect. There's also an ice rink, by the way.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes - and there is some quite nice walking to be done depending on how much snow there is down in the village
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
don't forget cycling if the roads are ok, and they don't mind cycling in the cold!! (says the geeky cyclist!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
very true although the famous passes will all be closed at that time of year (ok not the Lauteret). a little pedal up to ADH would always be an option though Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's exactly what I was meaning. I would only think the most dedicated of cyclists would want to ride out as far as the famous passes from Vaujany at that time of year...... almost impossible to keep the old fingers and toes warm!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I loved Vaujany although we went xmas 07 when there was not much snow!! it was very quiet, with a few nice restaurants/bars, but think it was quieter due to the lack of snow! the lift is usable by skiers and non skiers, there are some lovely mountain huts adn the ski area is much quieter than nearby resorts.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vaujany rocks!! I was in ADH and would always ski to it everyday. 2 runs i like were edelweiss and vaujante. The latter is really pretty with trees and a stream.

If your trying to get to ADH from Vaujany by the lifts and you dont ski you will need to get 4 lifts. You'll have to go via Oz and there will be a little walking between the 2nd and 3rd lift (in Oz)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy