Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery to VT - Altibus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Off to VT on Sat, three of us flying in to Chambery. Thought I'd wait to see if the pound would come back up a bit, or if we could find others to share a private transfer, and as neither seemed likely now, I tried to book altibus to find I'm too late! It has a three day cut off...

So does anyone know if we will we be able to pay on the bus on the day? Or will we have to get a train to Moutier, if there is one?

Puzzled

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WayneC, at Geneva airport altibus have a desk where you appear to be able to buy tickets on the spot, I assume the same is true at Chambery. You could give them a ring.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WayneC, phone altibus, contact number on the site.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WayneC, the 3 day cut off will just be for web bookings - as others have said bell them
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got tickets at the Altibus desk at Chambery last year, bit of a queue but other than that no probs and no real need to pre-book. You have to stand in the queue anyway to collect tickets even if you have paid on-line.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
number9dream, I paid online and they delivered them to my door..? Suppose it is a bit late for that now.

Is it pretty straight forward to find the Altibus place at Chambery? Knowing absolutely no French whatsoever and never having been to the airport before.. is it obvious?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
number9dream, thanks, that was what I was hoping for, as I can't get international calls from work and it'll be after 6 when I get home tonight. Very Happy

Getting there by train didn't look too bad or expensive, apart from the taxi to/from the station at both ends, but getting back looked terrible with a change of trains...

Last resort is a hire car which wouldn't be all that more expensive now the pound is so poor, but it seems a waste to have it sitting in the car park all week under 2 ft of snow. wink

I'm going back to the TO next time, it's just too much hassle / expense / grief / worry (delete as often as things crop up). snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@arv - Chambery is pretty small and there are about 3 stands, 2 car hire and altibus, easy to find. And everyone speaks English so no worries there

@WayneC - It's an easy journey to be honest and once you've done it i'd be surprised if you went any other way. We got the train from Chambery to Moutiers the year before and although the train is pretty cheap getting to Chambery station from the airport and then from moutiers at the other end made it a real hassle, especially with skis to carry (and added up the cost).

One thing I notice with Alibus though, it can be a panic getting on the bus in resort on the return journey, most people chuck there gear in the storage space and jump on - always a bit of a crush and you never know whether you and your gear are going to quite make it onto the bus. Dont worry though, they always seem to bring a spare bus just as you think you're going to get left behind! wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
number9dream, Thanks, Just back and the altibus worked out fine, even though our flight from Southampton was delayed an hour, one of us went to the desk while the others waited for the luggage to come out, and they offered to wait for us. As you say it was a bit of a scrum at Moutiers when we had to change.

A Word of warning to others though, for the return trip make sure you book a return or book in resort 48 hrs before. A guy turned up for the 7am bus and tried to pay on board and was refused and turned off Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy