Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Drills for a lazy leg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Skiing on a new knee(ACL) which is recluctant (though understandbly) to bend as much as the other side. No problem when it isn't the dominant outside leg but obvious to me when it is dominant. I suspect the issue is mental holding back/proprioception rather than physical impingement.

Suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wobble board ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, I don't know but I have an issue where my left leg doesn't pressure as much weakening the stability of the right turn My problem originates from a lower back issue. It might just be that the strenght in the leg you took for granted isn't there atm..and you need to address.. It could, of course be a mental block.

I will see my physio about it, what does yours say..?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of alcohol?

More seriously, I like exercises where I have to exaggerate a range of movements to get a feel for what is possible. For example, skiing with legs as wide as I can manage, followed by skiing with ankles jammed together. Video feedback normally shows me that what I thought was a very wide range of movement really isn't, so I go back and try to extend that range. So maybe you could do some drills where you are skiing as compact and flexed as you can, followed by skiing upright as you can, and keep on trying to extend your range of movement. Perhaps before doing this a quick GP or physio visit to make sure you do have full range of movement with the new ACL?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i found one-legged skiing pretty helpful about a year post-op
amongst other things, it showed that i needed to strengthen up the injured leg a lot more
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, a combination of what rob@rar and Arno said. One of my standard warm-up exercises is to ski on each leg individually alternating between as tall as possible and getting as low as possible. Carving on each foot individually really shows up any physical/psychological problems - I have to really force myself hard to get on the little toe edge of my right foot. I ski much better once I have done so though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
.....mental block.....I have an enrnia......and since the doctor told me that 80% of the people have it without know....and to don't think on that......I never fill again......just when I arrive home.....so think you are ok.....and ride....ride ride.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy