Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute holidays.

Poster: A snowHead
This is the first year that I've done a last minute deal. Our mob trip has hit the rails (so far...), so 2 of us have decided to hit the pistes anywhere decent in Europe from Jan 17th, half board for one week.
I'm getting a bit excited by the prospect of skiing in under 2 weeks Smile but some of the fun of checking the snow conditions/forecast religiously for the two months prior to trip has been absent Sad

Best we've seen so far is Half board, flights & transfers p/p is:
Mottaret £285
Morzine £313
Meribel £279
Seem pretty good. Any one seen better - good off piste, reasonable size resort?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am planning on doing the same dates as you. Waiting for the last minute before i book. Are those prices in Chalets or Hotels?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi o11y, HB chalets for all those. We've just been browsing the obvoius names so far: ifyouski, iglu, crystal etc
Are you planning on booking the end of next week?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Josef K, great prices. I got HB in La Plagne for next week for £251 with RocketSki.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tommy10pages, good effort Cool
Have had to rule out Mottaret option - stupid o'clock flights meaning expensive taxi to Gatwick.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mark of the book Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
excellent prices...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've mentioned this on here in the past, but the last minute deals at travelzoo can be quite good and worth a look.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Josef K,
Judging by what is being reported on another thread, any saving on initial price of French holidays in particular will be taken by high cost of food & beers ( especially in Meribel by some reports I,ve seen).
Perhaps a late deal to Austria or Italy would provide more cost effective.
Good luck
Mitch
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Mitchell, we're going Half Board so can do sarnies for lunch and guzzle the chalet wine to save costs.
From my experience Austria is about the same as France - other than beer.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been looking at Schladming and Kitzbuhel ski hire shops and they are over €120 for a weeks rental of premium skis where as French resorts seem to be more around the €70 mark which is a considerable difference. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Josef K, Have a look at www.snowtrex.co.uk there are some very cheap deals here. They include accommodation, lift pass and option for reduced ski/ snowboard hire. Prices for flights from London Stansted are about £65 per person return. Cool

I have used this company 4 times now and they have been faultless.

Hope this helps. Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just booked a week half board in Andorra £244 direct with Inghams. It probably won't be the best skiing I've ever had, but it should be the cheapest...

My thinking was to spend as few euros as possible, so maybe see if you get get a 2 for 1 liftpass deal somewhere. Fasttrackski were doing that in a number of places.

Also make sure you ring up - some of the prices on the websites bore no relation to what the real prices were.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arinsal seems to be dirt cheap on last minute at the mo..have decided to go out in a week or two somewhere. Is arinsal still full of pikey brits?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
papasmurf, if not, you could always take your own.
ski holidays
yeah, but its still a bit tricky to take them through in hand lugguage
ski holidays
Decision made and paid - Chatel, half board, flights, transfers £289 + £21 ski carriage. Would have been £269 but they slapped on a £20 late booking charge!
Right - how's the weather looking...
Never been to the Portes du Soleil so Very Happy
snow conditions
You can't go wrong in Andorra, Grand Valira region! you will not be dissapointed.

Were looking for a last minute holiday to Andorra, either Soldeu or maybe Arinsal this year. I have seen 2 for 1 lift pass deals for grandvalira area depending on when you go.
snow conditions
look at rocket ski! we are off to italy on sunday. I booked it last monday - £209 hb. Their lift passes and extras are also very cheap compared to other places....
the whole thing for acc (hb), flights transfers lift passes and kit hire came to 870 quid.... and there is loads of snow - in fact there is too much at the momant Happy
best of luck!
latest report
just booked La Plagne with Crystal for £221 half board going out the 17th.
snow report
superchoward, It does depend where you go in Austria. I've just had a look at the Intersport site, and in Kitbuhel, you are right - they are all €120 or more. But in Mayrhofen, they are €88.

Still more than the French ones you have seen, but not such a huge difference.
ski holidays
bookable ski seems quite cheap
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy