Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heel Injuries

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The week before Christmas I suffered a triple fracture to my heel in a fall at home.
So far I have had two different recovery times, one doc saying 3 - 5 weeks and another saying 12 - 16.

Has anyone experienced this before?

I was really looking forward to going skiing on Feb 21st now I am worried that I cant go.

Any logical advice would be good?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think your main problem is not the bone healing but getting the ski boot on and also skiing for the day...... its going to be tender even after 5 weeks unless you can get walking on it after 3 weeks and really do some intensive physio.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
as has been mentioned in other threads, you;ll need to tell your insurers about it before you go just in case.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the plaster off next week and can walk on it now with the plaster and feel no pain but I am sure that this is helped by the plaster.
Will wait and see what happens next week and have already contacted a physio to plan some sessions.
Cheers NBT. I will ensure that the insurers are told.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dontlikeheights, I fractured my heel skiing a few years back. Was in plaster for a few days, until I got back to UK. The docs here took plaster off as said it was of little use. I had the accident in Jan of that season, I cancelled the rest of my season. I started windsurfing again May of that year and had no problems. I was advised not to ski again that season, so from memory 3-4 months recovery. I was up and walking within a few weeks, but was still tender. I didn't want to risk further injury by rushing out skiing again. Ultimately your decision. I know it hurts to miss out but do you want to risk further injury? Best of luck what ever decision you take.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
THanks for all the advise.
Looks like it is off to Barbados to watch the cricket instead. Sad Sad Sad Cool Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fraid that this sounds like a nasty one to me. Risk is that you go and fall and roger ankle again and insurance don't pay out for pre-existing injury. With KP no longer capt and Vaughan not going Barmy Army are going to need to think up new chants for the skip.

Hope recovery goes well
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would think that 2-months post-fracture is probably too early to be skiing, as bone healing only reaches the consolidation phase (when the new bone develops into mature bone and the bone is able to withstand forces) at between 3 and 6 months. Not having skied (yet), I don't know what positions/what range of movement is required for skiing or how much the stress on your heel would be, but your ankle and foot will be quite stiff as they've been immobilised in the cast, and will probably be painful while you are trying to regain your range of movement, strength and balance.
I hope you have a speedy recovery and anyway, Barbados isn't a bad alternative Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy