Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

best place to stay in passo tonale?

Poster: A snowHead
hey everyone, i am looking to go to passo tonale at the end of feb mainly due to the lack of crowds. i would like to stay in somewhere close to the ski lifts i.e. a minutes walk. i was going to wait until the very last minute to try and get the best price but i have noticed in the last few days some hotels are no longer available so not sure how much longer i can leave it. can anyone recommend what hotels are best that are ski in/ski out and close to the lifts? also regarding crowds and snow conditions would i best best going 21st feb or 28th feb?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
colors, Hi - lots of threads about PT lately, and I've answered on most of them wink that I can highly recommend the Orchidea hotel. It's not ski in/out (not sure anywhere is here) but is only a ten minute flat walk. PT is a small resort with one road - everything is on that road. The nearest hotel to the lifts and base of the pistes,is the Vittoria. I don't know what it's like though, sorry. As for crowds/snow conditions - don't think this date is a holiday week here and the snow will be fine. It's pretty high and snowsure - enjoy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
colors,

Been twice and agree with Anniepen, . Although I think there is a new hotel at the entrace to the village on the Ponte di Legno side that is ski in / out. Can't remember it's name.

Orchidea is a lovely hotel though
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i have heard good things about orchidea but 10mins walk is quite far especially in the cold and with ski kit on, think my other half would kill me if i made that choice Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
colors,

The walk is not that bad really and it is possible to ski back to just above the hotel. It is really good value for money.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The nearest hotel to the lifts and base of the pistes,is the Vittoria. I don't know what it's like though, sorry.

We really liked it last year. Straight across the road to the lift too Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed at the Miramonti in March 2006. It's literally across the street from the main lifts and a flat walk about 200 yards to the Paradiso bubble lift. It's a large, modern and inexplicably orange hotel with friendly staff, nice food, a couple of bars, nightclub and a pool/leisure complex. My only gripe was that it was a bit noisy, especially rooms overlooking the nightclub, and a rather ugly building, but couldn't fault it otherwise...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
colors wrote:
i have heard good things about orchidea but 10mins walk is quite far especially in the cold and with ski kit on, think my other half would kill me if i made that choice Sad

Homicidal tendencies well to the fore then? Very Happy Seriously, the walk is flat, think of it as a warm up, and you can leave boots/skis in the hire shops at the base of the pistes. The hotel does have a ski/boot room if needed though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
haha anniepen i will tell her its a flat walk but i have a feeling i will get the stare of death once we got there haha
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I seem to remember the Dolomiti was right by the Paradiso bubble lift and the Sport Vittoria a few doors down from the Miramonti. To be honest, PT is such a small village you'll never have that far to walk to get anywhere...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Residence Top is ski in/out, no walking at all. Nice place, again can be noisy though.

http://www.passotonaleappartamenti.it/top/en/index.html
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another vote for the Sport Vittoria. Great location, nice food, friendly staff.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
right got it down to sport vittoria, adamello and gardenia. will only be able to go to orchidea if i can pursuade my mrs to walk to the slopes every morning
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
colors,

Been to Gardenia, it is opposite the Orchidea. The staff were much better in the Orchidea.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
colors,

The new hotel I was talking about is called Hotel Paradiso and has a pool
latest report
hmmm the brochures etc are mis-leading me then as they say the gardenia is only 3 mins away from the lifts but if its opposite orchidea then its 10mins
snow report
I remember the Gardenia has a mini-bus to take people to the lifts in the morning. It's probably only a 5-10 minute walk to the furthest lift on the left (on the piste map), but a good 20 minute walk to the Paradiso bubble lift up to the glacier...
ski holidays
20mins that sounds more like a hike, think i will leave the hotels in that area well alone
snow conditions
colors, it's unlikely you'd walk all that way though. You could go up the first chair lift nearest your hotel and ski down cutting across the pistes to get to the end of the resort where the Paradiso bubble lift is. You'd just have to walk across the main road...

If you want to stay down that end of PT instead, then hotels Dolomiti, Miramonti and Sport Vittoria are nearest...
snow report
brochures seem to say hotel Panorama is only 100m from lifts, is that correct, it seem to be priced similar to Eden, but Sport Vitorria seems much more expensive
snow report
I don't remember seeing Hotel Panorama. The Eden I do remember. It's quite basic but clean and friendly and right in the centre of the resort...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy