Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any comments/reviews on Grindelwald?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have seen a good deal going there s/c for £380 - in eiger aprtments. Reviews suggest snow record not always great and gondolas are slow. Going on 7th March. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nick0861, It tends to polarise.... Stunning mountain scenary and great alpine character and history but the ski areas are a bit disjointed and as you say the lift system has it's idiosyncracies. I wouldn't worry about snow though, they've had a great start and March 7th is a cracking time to go - sounds a great, I would snap that up. I've stayed in the Eiger Hotel (although I think there are about a dozen places called that Laughing ) and they had some lovely chalets out the back - if you in them they're lovely...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers

never been to switzerland and fancy it a fair bit - im guessing from what I have read though that there is still a fair bit of skiing allbeit in different areas

what's the town like in terms of apres/eating out etc? also - is grindelwald well linked to wengen (apologies for the laziness im sure i could find out!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nick0861, lots of choice, quite a few bars and you get the mountain train to Wengen so very easy. As you say there is a fair bit a skiing - go for it snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nick0861, Grindelwald is the lively side of the Wengen area. Can't remember what its called, but theres a really nice bar with a club underneath in the middle of town, an ice bar, and another club in the Sunstar. Restaurants were ace when we were there in 05.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy