Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes Du Soleil Or Morzine/Les Gets Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

A group of us are heading off to Morzine on 14th March and with the current state of the pound are debating which lift pass to get.

We are very lazy intermediates who like to ski all morning on mainly reds and blues and then have a long, late and often quite liquid wink lunch with maybe a few more easy runs in the afternoon or just relax in the sun if we're lucky as we have been in previous years!

We also have a 6 year old and and 1 year old to be collected from ski school and the local creche at lunch and to meet some of the beginners in the group after their lessons so can't head off too far.

Would there be enough to amuse us with the local pass, or would we really need the area pass? We've skied in Avoriaz before when we stayed in Chatel a couple of years ago so I know this can be the best option for good snow. Our chalet is a short walk from the Super Morzine Bubble so i'm not sure where this has the best links to either.

Any recomendations would be welcome!

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
George06, am pretty sure there is a Morzine/Avoriaz lift pass?

http://www.morzine-avoriaz.com/?langue=1&saison=0

With your needs though, I would say there is plenty to keep you busy on Morzine/Les Gets pass, lots of good blues and reds in Les gets and if you get over promptly in the morning you will have time to get to Mont Chery which is a real gem. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If some people are in ski school, then I'd ask the ski school to recommend which pass to get. It may be that some only need local pass and others get an area pass. I think we got a 1 day upgrade to explore Avoriaz on 6th day, after 5 days of lessons in Les Gets/Morzine, but that was a few years back and I can't remember exactly how we arranged that.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think I'd recommend just the Morzine/Les gets pass. If you do fancy popping over to the other side just one day, then it's slightly cheaper to have the weekly Morzine pass and then add a one day PDS than to have a weekly full PDS. Well it was last year anyway.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd second Jeraff, and yup the prices do still work out like that.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's our plan too, Morzine/Les Gets is about £50€ cheaper than a full PdS week pass and a day extension into Avoriaz is about £33€ as far as I can see.

I'll post again in a week or so with my findings beacuse we're off there tomorrow!

CW Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep, there's plenty to keep you going in Morzine Les Gets. As it happened, we didn't bother going to Avoriaz.
We can heartily recommend the atmosphere in Les Lhottys for a long lunch, as I can for le pointe de Nyon, la Paika and Belvedere on Mt Chery... as long as the exchange rate hasn't crippled your finances.
CW Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also agree with Jeraff that the Les Gets/Morzine pass should be fine with the option of extending to Avoriaz for one day if you want to - we have been happily pottering around there for weeks now and just going over to Avoriaz, Chatel, Switzerland either to meet friends or just because... we have season passes ... and need to use them!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski wrote:
we have been happily pottering around there for weeks now !

Shouldn't be allowed - unless it's me!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy