Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tumble drying icebreakers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know it says not to tumble dry on the label but is it really going to have any detrimental effects. I've already done it once on a delicate cycle and it looks alright but was wondering if continued drying is going to knacker it's insulating/wicking properties. I know they dry pretty quickly by themselves but i'm using it a lot while i'm guiding guests around as it's my warmest layer and it's bloody cold out at the moment.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 6-01-09 22:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
el nombre, I would be concerned that the wool fibres will shrink.They take such a short time to dry, so why bother?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My wife washed and tumbled mine last year. However I used it in first of Dec, and it felt as warm and dry as it did when new. All said and done, trying it is the best way to evaluate, especially as they are so expensive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bob wrote:
All said and done, trying it is the best way to evaluate, especially as they are so expensive.

There's something not reading quite right in that sentence, Bob.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
el nombre, I'm not familiar with the garments in the question, but I would be particularly careful if they have any elastic or lycra content. I have huge problems with things like the kids pants and vests which shrink after not a huge amount of tumble dry cycles. As a general rule now I don't tumble dry my wool based thermals now that I have aquired them. As said above it doesn't take long to air dry them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, I wouldn't..it is quick drying so no need to tumble dry it, IMV... and since it is wool, it could shrink

I would just put it near ( not on ) a radiator at night...it will dry by the morning..same with polatec100's....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They dry overnight. I tend to wash all my stuff at once every week and just hang it. Really no point in tumbling.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tumble dried icebreaker socks last week and now they look like tights. Line dry. The stuff's too nice and too dear to risk it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, a little too early to the pub on the way home last night.
What I meant was.
My wife tumble dried my Icebreaker last year. I used them again in the first week of December, when it was pretty cold in Obertauern. They seemeed to be as warm as ever despirte my wifes tumble drying.
Cheers
wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well i used it today and it seems a little tighter, not necessarily a bad thing as i'm pretty skinny but i don't think i'll do it again.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
el nombre, if you want to dry it (slighty) quicker overnight, suspend it on a hanger above a radiator, if possible. should be nice and warm, but not snug, when you pull it on in the morning.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy