Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday - BBC releases schedule

Poster: A snowHead
From the BBC Ski Sunday website:

Saturday 10 January
Ski Sunday Special - The Alps
1530-1630, BBC Two and BBC Sport website

Sunday 25 January
Ski Sunday
1700-1730, BBC Two/online
1730-1830, BBC Red Button/online
High Altitude
2200-2230, BBC Two and BBC Sport website

Sunday 1 February
Ski Sunday
High Altitude

Sunday 8 February
Ski Sunday
High Altitude

Sunday 15 February
Ski Sunday
High Altitude

Sunday 22 February
Ski Sunday
High Altitude

Sunday 1 March
Ski Sunday
High Altitude

Sunday 8 March
Ski Sunday
High Altitude

Sunday 15 March
High Altitude

--

Looks interesting - I take it 'High Altitude' is the Top Ski Gear Sunday portion of the show, and the teatime show is going to be race-orientated...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anyone know if you can sky+ the red button shows, or will it be a case of watching it on iplayer?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

anyone know if you can sky+ the red button shows

Nope Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Can't wait.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurrah! Skiing on telly at last! I've been getting withdrawal symptoms...

papasmurf, if you use Freeview you can access and therefore record the BBCi services via channels 301, 302, 303, 304. No idea about Sky though as I don't have it...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
any idea if they are showing it in HD Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ah might be able to bodge somehting using media centre,,will have a dig.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah feck - i'll miss the first one Smile Roll-on Saturday and La Tania
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
About time too!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't know what it is about the BBC, they seem to think that the first half of any season doesn't exist. We're half way through the WC and we'll just about start getting some highlights, and if you were to take your queue from the BBC you wouldn't think there was any rugby until February (not that it matters this year as ITV has the terrestrial highlights rights as opposed to the useless wazzocks at BBC Sport...)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does that mean they're moving the Match Of The Day 2 slot on a Sunday night? I'm all for a bit of skiing, but let's be serious here... wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If I miss it and watch to watch an entire episode on web is this poss
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skisimon wrote:
I don't know what it is about the BBC, they seem to think that the first half of any season doesn't exist. We're half way through the WC and we'll just about start getting some highlights, and if you were to take your queue from the BBC you wouldn't think there was any rugby until February (not that it matters this year as ITV has the terrestrial highlights rights as opposed to the useless wazzocks at BBC Sport...)

You want to move about 20 miles West Smile

We get Magners league and EDF cup matches live here in Wales. One on Friday evening on BBC2, and one on Saturday on S4C (Welsh commentary but with English subtitles).

And of course all the internationals live.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
alex_heney, yes (lucky git... Laughing ), excellent coverage of Welsh rugby on BBC2W (quite often put it on of a Friday evening). I even noticed when watching the Llanelli v Newport match last week that S4C now has an option (on Sky at least) to get English commentary. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Does any one know what happened to the Ski Racing show on channel 4? That was the only place that I could get real access to the world cup due to Ski Sunday's new format.
snow report
milamber, it's been pulled. (Had that from the horse's mouth so to speak). Don't expect to see it back anytime soon, definitely not this season... Sad
snow conditions
You want to get Euro sports and Extreme sports - There is loads of skiing/snowboarding/ski jumping etc on there. You can even watch it live on a saturday and sunday Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
surfer_chicky, and Travel Channel (for Skier's World).

papasmurf, jonm, if you have an el cheapo generic DVB-S receiver, then you can tune the red button channels which appear just like any other channel, and hence record them. Only problem is that you need to know for sure which will be the one you need to record, and there's no EPG, so you need to set record start+end times.
ski holidays
I do want to get them, but I hate paying for thing when I don't have to so I only have access to freeview at the moment Sad
snow conditions
BBc 2 this afternoon are showing the snooker not ski sunday Crying or Very sad
snow report
Is Saturdays show avaliable online, anyone any links?
snow conditions
JasonW, doesn't start for another two weeks I'm afraid. Yesterday's programme was just a one-off special...
ski holidays
Live skiing on Eurosport BTW now, ladies slalom...
ski holidays
A bit more information about the program format changes from the editors blog http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2009/01/ski_sunday_returns.html

The programme from the 10th seems to have moved to the 18th
latest report
Which is a real slap in the face for those of us who only have normal telly. Hmmm...
latest report
Liam, I didn't see the programme yesterday but www.tvguide.co.uk said that it was called 'The Alps' and had this summary 'Graham Bell treks across the Alps during the summer months, to see the famous ski slopes transformed into a feast of flora and fauna. Plus, an exhilarating visit to Europe's highest mountain refuge'.

It sounds like a repeat of a programme aired last year
snow report
My EPG has Ski Sunday listed for next weekend, showing the highlights of the Wengen race. (BBC2 5pm)
latest report
Yesterday's was indeed a repeat of last year's summer journey through the mountains. Pleasant enough but the closest it got to skiing was whasisname walking up the Hanenkam.

I haven't skied since March and I think I've forgotten what to do now I haven't been able to watch it on TV to remind me. Evil or Very Mad (My technique used to be very similar to Bode Miller's you know...) Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B wrote:
My EPG has Ski Sunday listed for next weekend, showing the highlights of the Wengen race. (BBC2 5pm)

today I met Ed Leigh, Graham Bell and Ralf Little, in town for the poxy race. Ed is sound, had a good chat about split boarding. Then they went and jumped out of a helicopter over mannlichen Shocked
They were filming in work so look out for a stoned looking me lurking in the background Smile
snow report
I've just seen that on BBCs red button (ch301 or 302 on freeview) - this coming Saturday 12noon, live ski racing from Wengen.

I was watching 301 waiting for the snooker to start and they had programme listings for the red button. I had to do a double take but it definitely said it was on.
snow report
skisimon wrote:

I thought we all knew that December and Jan are too early for real skiing and that Mid March is very late in the season. wink wink wink wink wink
ski holidays
halfhand, On the web page the red button schedule is Sat 17th 11.35-13.35 Live and Sun 18th 12.00 13.05 live with highlights at 17.30-18.30 But who's to say that it won't change?
latest report
Anyone know which channel the red button is on so I can set the recorder?
snow conditions
nbt, have a look here for the channel info http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html
snow report
jonm, thanks, I;ve a freeview recevier so tha's not really what I need - I know that the "red button" equates to 301., 302 and 303,. but I need to know which of those will carry the skiing to set the recorder....
snow report
nbt, ah right, sorry. Can't help then Sad
snow report
nbt, please let me know if you find out, although I think the Beeb allocate them pretty much at random. I'll try setting all four to record (I think they're on the same mux so my recorder should support it) as I'm definitely out during the live broadcasts Sad I guess they won't be on iPlayer either.
snow conditions
i believe that the red button is channel 302, that is where the snooker is at least.
latest report
The video of the making of the opening sequence to ski sunday is on the bbc sport website 6 mins long, good viewing, shot in New Zeland.
snow report
If you watch BBC1 and press the red button you get a choice of which chanel you watch so it could be 301 or 302
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy