Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snapped atomic SL10s

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A quick question for anyone. If any one has any help please reply! Thanks ...

Just snapped my atomic SL10s just above the toe end binding whilst skiing moguls. They are just under 1 year old (by a couple of days) and should still be covered by the atomic warranty. BUT they are claiming that it was an impact fracture and that the skis are at the end of their natural life as there is no edge left and they won't cover it under warranty.

However, there is still 2/3 of the original edge left and skis shouldn't snap on impact otherwise there would be so many snapped skis.

Any suggestions on what to do?????

Thanks for any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
atomicsnow, I handle the warranties for Atomic UK snapped skis are an interesting one, generally skis do not snap unless there is either some major impact or a catastophic failure of materials, without seeing the ski in question it is impossible to say what my opinion would be.

Warranty departments as a rule are pretty fair, they want to keep customers happy and if they have refused it there is normally a pretty good reason, as an example i refused a warranty claim on a pair of metrons recently the claim was that there was a crack in the edge and whilst it was not affecting performance a shop had refused to service the ski due to the crack...... the guy sent it to a retailer who called me up and said he thought no warranty so i was happy with the retailers opinion...the customer then took it to another who sent it back to me.... the claim this time was that the crack had been in the ski from new!!!!!! if so he should have sent them back prior to skiing an entire season on the ski traqshing it and then claiming there was a production fault.

one thought though the SL10 is a slalom ski not a mogul ski...yes i know we all use all skis to do all things BUT
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, on a related note do you cover the binding warranty, in particular the recall on the Xentrix 412?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy