Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas De La Casa ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If anyone has been to pas de la casa and know if its got good nightlife great slopes etc and perfects for 5 18 year old skiing fernatics please let me know Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you will find everything you want on the apre ski front in Andorra. Kinda famous for it. Blackpool on the slopes if you ask me Happy Only downside is the transfer which is a bit of a pain but well worth it to get on the slopes. I'm sure the 5 of you will enjoy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been twice. Lots of cheap nightlife (probably less cheap this year with the £:€ situation) and lots to choose from. Some rather tacky and some a bit more laid back. The town itself is large and noisy with a plethora of duty-free shops selling pretty much anything. The ski area is great and linked to Grau Roig, Soldeu and El Tarter. The first time I went we had great snow too, but the second time I went the snow was terrible. I guess that's just the luck of the draw...

Can't really rate it from an 18-year-olds perspective though. That's far too long ago for me to remember...

Have fun! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The slopes around Pas de la Casa are probably some of the most boring slopes I've ever boarded. What's more, they are in reality EXACTLY like they look on the piste map. Boring.

The rest of the Grand Villara area has a bit more variety, but not much. The only runs I enjoyed were the "home" runs to the main Soldeu gondola. Most of your time seems to be zig-zagging across the slopes to catch the next connecting lift

As said the nightlife is rated for the younger crowd. Being oldierfartier, we spent most of the time in Soldeu, but Pas was always jumping.

If you put nightlife on one side of the seesaw, and quality slope time on the other, slope time would have altitude sickness.

Never, ever going back. But if I were 18 the nightlife might just have compensated.

John.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there when I was 17 or 18. There are loads of places to go out and the skiing was good. Only complaint was that the slopes tend to be a little short relative to most of the Alpine resorts I've been to, and it's not the prettiest place.

If you haven't booked yet, maybe look at Livigno. Its a tax free resort in the Italian alps. If you can get it for the same price go there instead. It's cheap, the skiing is a lot better and it's a lot prettier. Nightlife is good too in certain spots.

You'll definitely have a good time wherever you go though!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some good pistes around Grau Roig but don't expect Grand Montets. Then again, its not GM money either.

Its a great place to go with a mixed ability group, with some good nightlife on tap for those up for it.

Drinks prices are 20-33% cheaper than the French Alps.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The transfer is a total nightmare - it took us 9 hours on the way there, thanks to 10 feet of snow falling that morning. The transfer on the way back started at 4.30am or something insane. Slopes are average, and if you've been somewhere else half-decent you won't be very impressed.

Nightlife was OK, but with 5 of you pretty much anywhere is going to be loads of fun.

I wouldn't go back.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanx guys that has really helped alot Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welsh-Skiing, we go as a group of lads every year to soldeu, the holiday is what you make it, we have a great time every year
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went at 18 - lots of men. Im a girl so it was great. Nightlife was awesome.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I went with Uni 3 times and learnt to ski in Pas, had a great time, good fun resort with bilboards, the surf inn and a few other bars... may have changed a bit in the last 4 years since i was last there but i've always wanted to go back (in a group of fun lovers aimed at party's rather than relaxation side of things..) Snow was hit and mis, i've seen 70cm at the top one year, 2m plus the next!! (BUT that was a freak year)
Go to pas 83(bar between the slopes and lake placid), they'll let you keep your skis in their shed if you ask nicely, and ply you with happy hour drinks and it's a good venue to meet up at lunch when some want to go ski whilst others recover in the morning.
Best skiing was over the soldeu side with regards to snow, and the further you go the fewer people and more fun. However, it all depends on your level of ski/board. Lifts were always improving year after year, costs went up a little when the euro came in - crap it was a long time ago that i first went, must be getting old Crying or Very sad but it's still relativly cheap, just go where's sensible and carful where you eat out. (the all you can eat rib place isn't worth it, nither is some the more expensive resturants like le husky (?)) The area nearest to the lifts and the night clubs are obviously the loud and happy areas around le husky and up from the big sports shop, the areas towards the nursary slope is more food and less party if you want a break.
one more thing (because i could write about Pas all night long!) if you're going to the swimming sports centre, you need swimming caps. (- boys and girls)
Transfer from Toulouse was alright as far as i'm concerned, flights were always stupid early so you'll sleep on the way, (which is a good thing, the road is scary!!, especially with the crazy local bus drivers, you'll stop about 40 min from the resort to stretch your legs and grab a drink/snack) dunno about from Barca.
Ok, i have to stop now, have work to do! Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
went when i was 18. 22 now loved it amazing nightlife...although its spot the female...absolute sausage fest, guess thats why its called MANdorra. seriously i loved it you will too. apart from the arrogant spaniards
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi,
been to Pas twice now with groups of lads and enjoyed both trips. It is a bit seedy but as an 18 year old that is what you want, although as others have said it is a bit of a sausage-fest!

Milwaukee bar is good... tip - dont dance on tables it gets you kicked out.

Underground is very seedy. Last time i went it was rammed (1st week in March 07). The dutch guy that owns it and works behind the bar gets steaming while he works and gets on the dj mic to tell people to stop sh**ing in the toilets... very funny.

West end is a decent club although it smells of feet at the best of times.
Enjoy yourselves
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
i'm off there at the end of feb with 3 other lads. never been to pas before but have been to arinsal. as we are a mixed ability group i'm not expecting crazy skiing but something not too demanding that the other lads will enjoy, think i'm goin to practise skiing switch! really looking forward to the nightlife though not to mention the day fancy dress skiing were planning! (we were the lads in the back of decembers fall line dressed up!) superhero theme this time!!!

Cool Cool Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy