Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit mount - London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a shop or individual in London that they have faith in to do this properly? A friend of mine went in to one of the bigger shops and they told him they'd have to have a look at them first, which didn't fill me with confidence for what sounds like quite a tricky mount job with not much margin for error. I'm sure there are some individuals at EB/SnR that have seen these before but i don't want some green 18 year old on his gap year fizzing screws in like they were hire bindings.

As an aside - CEM did a very thorough job fitting my new Scarpa Skookums in Bicester the other day. Highly recommended.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not to far out of London, Bartletts in Uxbridge will mount them. http://www.skibartlett.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote for Bartletts.

i just picked up my new skis after mounting and they look perfect as are the last pair i had done there. A good family run business which trades on it's reputation so this is exactly where i'd take a job like this
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i am intending on testing bartletts out with some swiss cheesed lotus 120s - if they can sort them out, dynafits will be a cake walk
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great - thanks guys. I'll be heading down to see them this weekend....

I thought the DPS were light enough as is without additional weight saving measures Arno wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
they probably weigh more now thanks to all the filler in the holes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
4WG, If you were hoping to have them mounted while you wait, I would suggest you phone them first as they can get very busy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just thought i'd let you all know that Bartletts did a good job on these.....although i had thought they'd botched them after i got them home and struggled to get one of my boots out at the toe. Turns out that although the heel pieces have been mounted on the same spot on each ski, the toe units are about 2mm out (one is mounted too far back). because i'm new to these and got them secondhand i have no manual etc and thought i was going to have to head back down and ask them to try and redrill (good luck with that i thought). anyway, a little bit of research (www.wildsnow.com - superb website) pointed me towards the heel adjustment and fortunately there was sufficient scope to drop back one of the heel pieces. i/bartletts are pretty fortunate i had sufficient range in the heel adjustment and the problem is solved (i'm reluctant to be too cheesed off tho because they did spot that the dukes i had been sent were too big for my boots (i was sent a large rather than the small i ordered and hadn't bothered to open the box to check the size) as had the large pair been mounted i would have been left with a binding that was too big for my boots and a sure-fire need for a redrill - they swapped my large pair for a small they had in stock which was good of them). let's just hope the 2mm discrepancy doesn't destroy my skiing wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy