Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spike's Spiders vs Klack & Go Quattro

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know it sounds like something from the WWF....

However my Alfa won't take regular chains and I'm weighing up between these two alternatives. Price is the same. K&Gs look easier to fit, but have a weird sticky out bit when fitted. Anyone got any experience of either?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spikes Spiders are very easy to use, you spend about 15 mins setting the disks on your wheel hubs before you go away, then if you need to put the chains on it's a 30 second job, they just click on and you drive off slowly. when you remove them it is almost as easy say a 1 minute job, much better than ordinary chains IMHO

With the Spiders you have a disk that fits to your wheels, it uses some special nuts that slip over your existing wheel nuts and holds everything in place
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve Sparks, I've got both at the moment (although I'm selling the Spikes as they are too small - size medium - for my current car). I don't think there is a lot of difference between the two (and they are both much easier than regular chains).

With the Spikes you have to fit a disc to your wheels before you start your journey, then fitting the chains is just a case of placing them on the wheels, pushing the chains against the plate and locking them in place.

The K&Gs operate on a similar principle, except you don't need a plate on the wheels as there is one locking nut which attaches to one of your wheel's nuts with the supplied allen key. Have to confess to not having used the K&Gs in anger, only a quick practice on my driveway, but I don't think there is much of a difference between the two in terms of ease of fitting. The K&Gs score a bonus point because they fold away into a smaller carry case than the Spikes (although both of them are fairly bulky compared to regular chains.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar and D G Orf, thanks for the info fellas. I went to snowchains.co.uk today as I was passing and the guy came out and looked at the wheel on my Alfa 159 and said there would be no problem with regular chains. So I went off with Klack & Gos £130 cheaper than the Quattros. I did think about taking the plunge on the Quattros but the thing that swung it was when he said if I change the car the Quattros may not fit my new car even if it was a similar size.

Thanks for your advice and with a bit of luck they'll stay in the packaging as the snow will start to fall the moment I've parked up in Verbier....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy