Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private ski lessons - book now????

Poster: A snowHead
I am considering taking a 2 hour private lesson when I go to Bardonecchia at the beginning of February.

Should I book this just now via e-mail or wait until I get there to book it?

What have others done with regards to booking before getting to resort or doing it when they get there?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jb1970, I would firstly enquire on a ski forum if any of the posters have any personal recommendations in Bardonecchia Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jb1970, Once you decide who you will book with, I'd certainly book before you go. I've been to resorts and decided to take pvt lessons and then been unable to fit them in. Hopefully someone will come along soon with a recommendation.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
jb1970, I would firstly enquire on a ski forum if any of the posters have any personal recommendations in Bardonecchia Very Happy

ok wink

As per Mr Frosty's instructions, does anyone have any recommendations for ski schools in Bardonecchia?!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jb1970, I've booked private lessons well in advance of going so would recommend you do that, instructors get booked up quite early in my experience.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've e-mailed the Bardonecchia Ski School 3 times and no-one has got back to me yet; not unless they just take the details and booking date/time and have it on their system without getting back to me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jb1970, Apparently there are 4. See this:-

http://www.bardonecchiaski.com/en_en/schools

Why not phone them?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BMF_Skier wrote:
jb1970, Apparently there are 4. See this:-

http://www.bardonecchiaski.com/en_en/schools

Why not phone them?

I thought about phoning them but I thought it may be best to e-mail them, then I have something on paper if they make an ar$e of it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In my experience, if you are just booking one private lesson, you will get allocated whoever is available probably the evening before you wish to have the lesson. A 'good' instructor may not be able to fit in one 2 hour slot and a ski school may not wish to commit your booking to the one instructor and he/she then potentially lose out on a longer booking. If you're staying at a hotel, ask them for their recommendation when you get there - I've also found that some ski schools have an agreement with hotels with certain instructors being available for that hotel's clients' bookings.

Unless you have an actual name of an instructor you wish to book, I'd wait until you get there, especially going at a non-half term period.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
listen.....I'm italian and for what I can remember about bardonecchia is that there is one main ski school.....you can also find few private instructor.....if you want I can give you some details of someone of them.......but aniway try to book with an young instructor....and so it is better you personally go in the ski school and choose......because the ski scùhools normally they give work before to the hold.....and too many time they are tired to teach and they don't work always well....so I suggest you max 35.....eheheh
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My partner seems to think that 2 hours of lessons would be a waste of time and that, if I were to take lessons, I would be better to take at least a whole day or 2 days.

I thought that, if I take 2 hours, that would be enough just to "polish" up a bit, find out where I am going wrong and build on it in my own non-lesson time.

I hope that makes sense!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jb1970, a whole day of private lessons is pretty knackering, with one-one attention! I found 2 hours just the right amount of time (3 hours a bit long!) but I would say maybe 2 or 3 days throughout the week with a 2 hour session on each. If you do just have the one session it certainly wouldn't be a waste of time though!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've e-mailed all of them for prices and availability - no-one got back to me. Then two got back to me - I now have a booking for Sunday for 2 hours and Monday for 2 hours; I will need to decided which one to go with and on what day!! I arrive on Saturday, so maybe Sunday is best to start a 2 hour lesson rather than Monday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jb1970, As Sunday is your first day skiing i would use that a getting back on skis day and have you 2 hr lesson on the Monday when you have your ski legs back again
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jb1970, Also monday should be less busy than sunday on the pistes
ski holidays
2 hours are not a vaste of money if the instructor teach you something......in all day I cannot teach you so much .....so a lot of things in a full day become repetitive.......full day only for freeride .......and never more than 2 hours......that anyway you loose the concentration......and the result are not the best....
snow conditions
Agree with riverman that giving it a day to get your ski legs back first is a good idea.

We found that doing two hours every second day was the way to go. That way you've got time to put your learning into practice before your next coaching session. As mentioned two hours seems to be the optimum length for a lesson: one isn't enough what with negotiating lifts and so on, while more than two and you're into diminishing returns.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy