Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serious Binding Question!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have some Salomon Bingings on my ski's 171 4frnt msp;s which i brought from a forum member nov/dec time

This weekend I fitted my boots and pre waxed both skis.

when fitting my boots i noticed that on one of the bindings is making the ski sit slightly off skew,

So the 2 legs that pop the ski up one doesnt sit 100% right

seemed slighly of centre and also doesnt park the same as the other side or the binding that is fine,

my first thoughts are its slightly bent so I unscrew both heel plates and examine from many different angles then i realise which i didnt know before that they are independant levers,

after comparing the two it looks like the left hand leg of one of the bindings is slightly differently shaped in the kink and generally not the same,

so then after looking again this may mean nothing on the good binding the legs both say something like 1.3 1.3

then on the messed up one one of the legs says 1.2 and the other 1.4

Can anyone shed any light please as althought the binding works properly it is slightly catching the ski and not sitting 100%

so I wonder could this be a factory issue or has the person before had binding trouble broken the rear legs and swapped for the wrong pair?

Any help would be most appreciated (sorry for the non tech use of bending language)

Ben if your there did you have any issues with these when you had them?

Cheers Andy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
aw-hicks, are you saying you have mismatched binding brakes?

?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Remove offending brake leg
Bend to required clearance (vice'n'pipe req'd) - might only need a bit of the plastic sleeve trimming off?
Re-install brake leg
Go ski Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, take it you dont read the intial post im not sure thats why i asked

spyder john cheers will try and get it done before i travel on friday if not will have to get it done in resort it was more a fact if someone with some knowledge knew if i should replacxe it or not?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
aw-hicks, Sorry mate didnt notice the post, Ross just showed me.

No i never had any issues with the brakes, they never caught the ski and always came down when i wiped out! Sounds like they could be bent a little bit, as spyderjon said, remove both brakes and then bend the bent one into the shape of the other one? Thats all i can think of really, having not seen it.

Give something like that a try and give me a shout.

(Have just realised you're skiing now so hope its all sorted!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy