Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you ever been in a fight on a mountain?

Poster: A snowHead
Lots of threads about collisions, rudeness, lack of piste ettiquette etc at the moment.

A few have made mention of "if i could have only caught the little blighter who cursed at me/almost skied into me/ etc / etc.

Have you ever lost your temper and smacked someone on piste?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret,

Nope but would love to watch one: I reckon the fighters' dodgy balance on skis/snow would make it hilarious...kind of... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, It is very difficult to fight while wearing skis
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
first to get their skis off wins!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Since I'm one of the posters referred to...

I've, quite a few times, been a rude slightly-out-of-control over-confident overtaking-too-close skier. I really do try and apologise (and mean it) whenever I realise I've done it though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I came very close last year when a boarder came past me on a roadway, then immediately cut in front of me and skidded to slow down - since I was about 1.2m behind him at this point, I did the only thing I could, which was run over his board rather than his body. He took exception to this, right up to the point where he realised that the two guys who stopped with me were my mates and he was on his own. While technically I was uphill and had to be able to take avoiding action, in reality he'd been stupid and given me very little option.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Remember to keep your helmet on . When i used to take part in car racing many years ago the drivers often used to have punch-ups in the paddock after races and damage their knuckles because they had punched someone still wearing their race helmet
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ousekjarr,according to all the "experts" on this site you were totally to blame !!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On a green run into the village, a French boarder got between me and my lad (aged 6 at time) and was really rather abusive about me holding him up. Not caring about the language barrier I called him a F'ing Wonker and then spent the rest of the day having said 6 year old ask what that meant Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes, sort of. At the bottom of the same Chavannes lift that Lou? mentioned on another thread. Got so cheesed off with French teenage boys blocking the queue while waiting for their friends, having a fag, and stomping all over our skis, and using *us* to steady their balance, that we went 1...2...3... and simultaneously shoulder barged them all back so they fell over like dominos. Serves them right.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
riverman, Not really in his defense the FIS code states that the overtaking snow sports enthusiast should leave enough room when over taking!

Boris, Thats why I dont want kids having to explain stuff like that Very Happy

Once after being hit by a rather rude man who had hit me from behind while I was standing in to the side under a lift and presuming I was American gave me a mouthfull about how I was wrong etc.

I bit the lip and politley asked him to wait for ski patrol to get their opinion he dissapered as quicklyl as he arrived.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ordhan,that would be my view also
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Damn near in Lake Louise 4 years ago with the Dad of a teenager who skied over my wifes ski tails, and another time with a Boarder who slid into her in a totally avoidable way, who only apologised when he thought he was going to be thumped.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I skied over somebody's ski tails last week. It was a total accident, rather than an act of deliberate foolishness, I promise. Embarassed
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://uk.youtube.com/v/PqgCTcXiGz4

the moronic comments are almost as amusing as the video Laughing
snow report
riverman wrote:
skimottaret, It is very difficult to fight while wearing skis

even more difficult with a snowboard on....
latest report
I've never been in a physical fight whilst skiing, but a few years back, I was sitting in a gondola with my skis across my knee, blocking the seat next to me. The rest of the seats were full. I had no choice as they wouldn't fit into the old slots and they were too long not to block the seat next to me. It was mid January and really quiet. This goon tried to get on at mid station, so he put his skis in the slot and went to step in, only for me to point out politely that the gondola was full, but the next one was empty. The resulting tirade of broad cockney accented abuse was pretty surprising, given that he was about 65.
snow conditions
riverman wrote:
Remember to keep your helmet on . When i used to take part in car racing many years ago the drivers often used to have punch-ups in the paddock after races and damage their knuckles because they had punched someone still wearing their race helmet

From what I've read on these forums, all the research shows that there is no protection to be had from wearing a ski helmet during any kind of altercation. The kinds of fist impacts that the helmet would have protected the wearer from are of the low energy kind anyway, more like limp-wristed slaps in fact, about all that a helmet-wearing pansy could stand anyway. The knuckles of the paddock area punchers would have been damaged whether the punched was wearing a helmet or not. In fact, almost certainly, the very patheticness of wearing the helmet in the first place provoked the outraged puncher into taking the action thereby providing further proof that it is in fact more dangerous to protect your head with a helmet than to leave it bare and 'old school'. wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Arno, my one and only was skier vs. boarder, although moronic wasnt quite as bad as that Laughing
ski holidays
andy, so you're on the lower webcam? wink Nice one!
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
Arno, my one and only was skier vs. boarder, although moronic wasnt quite as bad as that Laughing

Someone picked a fight with you? Shocked They must have been brave, or stupid!
latest report
I did have words with an ill mannered elderly t**t in a faded hotel in Wengen . . .
snow report
rob@rar, it was a few years ago when i had some testosterone left... it was two against one but i prevailed Toofy Grin and then legged it in case of getting nicked after a few onlookers started muttering polizi etc....

Masque, did you wack him...?
snow conditions
(wot Masque said) ... and then he realised he was looking in the mirror Wink Razz
ski holidays
moffatross, haha very good..
latest report
skimottaret, truly tempted to, but timing was wrong. It was earlier on the hill when I should have (wot caused te word exchange)
snow report
GrahamN, I don't get 'that' pissed any more wink
snow conditions
None on piste (but have seen a few) but a few during the apres. Best was when me and a.n.other found ourselves defending the Milka cow at the Premiere Neige in Val D'Isere one year. About 6 hoorays came out of the banana bar at chucking out time and were hell bent on deflating said cow. They didn't reckon on just how drunkenly-strongly we felt about her and had the full-on street brawl. We won and it makes me happy seeing her on the telly (fully inflated) at all the World Cups.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saw two coaches get into a fight over setting up gates on a training lane in Tignes, the season before last. One was French the other Italian, I think. It was all quite amusing, and really rather pathetic. More a case of "handbags at dawn" rather than "rumble in the jungle".
snow report
skimottaret, I saw two women fighting in a restaurant in L2A last week (no, not THOSE two wink ) One dutch one french, it was a dispute over space at a table - the french girl looked full on, even picked up a couple of ski poles and started swinging those after the Dutch one had pushed her over... Their menfolk tried to intervene but weren't up to the job (think they were enjoying it really, dirty bugs)

Sadly I could only stay for the first 10 minutes so I don't know who won in the end
ski holidays
rob@rar, Was it a "who could retreat fastest" contest?
ski holidays
Boris wrote:
On a green run into the village, a French boarder got between me and my lad (aged 6 at time) and was really rather abusive about me holding him up. Not caring about the language barrier I called him a F'ing Wonker and then spent the rest of the day having said 6 year old ask what that meant Embarassed

I've had the opposite experience. One of the unexpected "benefits" of my son attending a private school favoured by Russians who want their kids to have a good British education, is that he appears to have picked up some rather unfortunate Russian phrases. A couple of years ago in Courchevel, he demonstrated his newly acquired linguistic skills to some barging (and very surprised/shocked) Russians in the lift queue. Quickly assessing the situation, my wife and I commented loudly to each other about what a rude little boy he was and started speculating where his parents could be Embarassed
ski holidays
Perish the thought. I've never been in a fight ever!
ski holidays
Arno, clip looks staged like a nature documentary. If for real is it an example of the infamous Altatude?

Curiously for all this talk of on piste collisions, fighting and liftlines the only place in 3 weeks I've seen that remotely resembled a congested piste and bad line was Fernie, frequented by a lot of Brits. There the worst behaviour was by me as I snagged some rocks tumbled - loudly exclaimed "F**king rocks!" to the benefit of the amused crowds then popped up again. Common factor?
ski holidays
Serre CHe, last season, knelt on the piste (to the side!!) waiting (yet again) for couple of friends when three little 'oiks' (on ski's) thought was funny to spray snow over me when passing... although finding it amusing myself (coz i would have done the same at their age...) i saw (after wiping my goggles) them laughing as they carried on down the piste and then stop to decide where to go next as well laugh about the snow covered old man on the piste .... they stopped laughing after they saw me straightlining down the piste towards them (dont think they had expected me to get up so quick / they thought i was worse than i am....?).... Laughing

They moved off quick and i didnt catch them, but was amusing non the less... snowHead
ski holidays
Whats the protocol in a proper ski fight - is it gloves and helmet off asap as in a hockey fight and first one to lose their footing loses? One reason not to wear a helmet - gives you a headstart on the other guy.

Some vaguely ice related fighting for you - commentator says "This might be what the Senators needed" http://uk.youtube.com/v/N1-25s4uwFQ
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, good work saving milka the cow, had a slight physical encounter with some val toffs a few years back after one of them skied in to my wife whilst he had his head between his legs looking uphill. Had a few words with him, when the whole inbred family of toffs surrounded me and and one of 'em started swinging punches at me, the pleb with his skis and gloves on. A few of the little princesses joined in to until mama raised her little posh voice and called off the hounds. The mum was most embarrassed, especially when i suggested all the money they'd spent on the private education had produced a bunch of thugs.
latest report
Masque wrote:
I did have words with an ill mannered elderly t**t in a faded hotel in Wengen . . .

I wish you would sort out your differences in private, it's not fair on other holiday makers when you and Goldsmith go on like that. Wink
snow conditions
Quote:

Whats the protocol in a proper ski fight

like any fight, cheating and getting your lumps in first... Toofy Grin
latest report
That video is genius, although it is snowboarder on snowboarder according to the guy at the end so unsure if its staged. Comments and video however, both excellent!

Never ended up in a fight my self although very nearly after my then 14 year old sister attacked a boarder with her poles! To be fair the only run off the lift was to the right, and as he got off the lift he turned left and boarded straight over her skis, fell over and was subjected to a brutal teenage assault!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy