Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Eden, Passo Tonale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anyone has stayed here, and far it is to the slopes. We went to Livigno last Easter and enjoyed, but Passo was cheaper. Used airmiles and got it for a good price.

We head off on the 7th Feb. Fingers crossed for lots of snow
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gillipepper, If it's the hotel I think it is,it's about half way down the one road that is Passo Tonale so about 5 or 6 minutes walk to the slopes. I have skied in Passo (as has Johnboy on here) and thought it was a good resort for a variety of levels (I have 25+ years experience but don't need miles and miles of difficult pistes Very Happy ) and my friend was a nervous 3rd year-er - she had some private lessons there. The hotel we stayed in was the Orchidea, and I can recommend it. Lovely and bright and clean, good food, nice staff - at the farther end of that road, but still only 10 minutes walk. Hope this helps snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi gillipepper, I'd give the Eden about 7 out of 10 on all counts.

The rooms are pretty basic but well sized and clean, and unless you have one of the 2 rooms over the bar, quiet too. No problems with road or nightlife noise (and I'm woken up by an ant coughing 5 miles away). The food was pretty rubbish to be honest, there was a scrum at the start of the meal for the salad buffet, where you can help yourself to a main course sized amount of bread of salad, then pick at what looks edible out of the hot food. Relaxed and friendly service though, we enjoyed our meals in spite of the food.
Tonale is very small, you're convenient for everything. About 4 minutes walk to the lifts, 1 minute to the Supermarket. There are a few threads you can search on Tonale but top tips from me are:
1. Best value ski hire I've ever found, and great kit (all shops run by the same people, you can't go wrong). Don't pay on the transfer coach (if you're going with a tour op) do it direct with the shop.
2. Dirt cheap, even with the exchange rate. Enjoy!
3. Free bus to Marilleva/Folgarida/Madonna well worth it. Need to get a (free) ticket from Tourist Info. Don't pay for a tour op trip.
4. Slopes at Tonale not very interesting, much better skiing at Pontedeligno.
5. Best eateries at Valbione (Pontedeligno, by the lake at mid station) and pizzeria at the base of Pontedeligno.

Have fun! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Jimi

Sounds like we picked a good place. Can you recommend on where to get lift pass? We're thinking of waiting until we get there. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gillipepper
were you in livigno from easter saturday last year or the week before
we were there 15-22nd march stayed at apts next to Cronix bar really good for nursary slopes in middle of resort
we are planning same move as yourself to passo next easter when its late march again
thinking of panorama hotel
geoff
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cockerhoop wrote:
gillipepper
were you in livigno from easter saturday last year or the week before
we were there 15-22nd march stayed at apts next to Cronix bar really good for nursary slopes in middle of resort
we are planning same move as yourself to passo next easter when its late march again
thinking of panorama hotel
geoff

Hi ya

We went from Easter Sat last year to Livigno. It was very busy up to the tuesday but after that it was brill. No queues worth talking about at bus or lifts. We stayed at the San giovani which was fantastic. SKied the morning out the back and then hit Mottolino.

We are going at half term this year as easter is late and i managed to get an extra few days off work. Looking forward to Passo it sounds nice
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
let me know how you get on
i would drop daughter at ski scool at 9am for beginners class and the lifts 20/21 livigno then cross country to 25 and up to the big costaccia blues i would get about 9p mins there ten take about 20mins back to meet her 11:30
we did mottolino on the friday her with instructor, me with irish bloke, it was good but a white out so no views, just a pain going round on the bus
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gillipepper, you get lift passes at the ticket office at the base of the lifts. From the Eden, you walk up the slight hill into the centre, then there's a small car park on your right with the ticket office and lifts beyond it. We bought our tickets at 9am on day 1, and didn't queue to buy them.

cockerhoop, an alternative hotel recommendation - Hotel Sport Vittoria. This looked really good to me in terms of location and facilities and I remember it being quite cheap a couple of years ago.

Tonale is very easy to navigate, you'll have it all sussed in half an hour.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dunno about Eden, but been to Tonale twice (also Livigno twice). Tonale is nearly as big, just as cheap, shorter transfer, small glacier, day trip to Madonna di Campiglio (1 hr). Well worth a visit.

Ponte di Ligno (now linked with gondola) is a lovely area too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
an alternative hotel recommendation - Hotel Sport Vittoria.

We stayed there last easter and would second that recommendation; and very handy for the lifts Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have also stayed in the Sport Vittoria, brilliant location.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
4th recommendation for the Sport Vittoria, had a great weekend there a couple of years ago Very Happy

perfect location opposite lifts, good food and even has a swimming pool/spa downstairs
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fab resort - good value. Fairly bland runs in PT - but also some goos long ones - head over to Pontedeligno for steeper tree lined runs - easy links between the resorts. Eden is in a central location - the resort is very long and narrow. If you want a gym or pool some of the larger hotels will accept non residents. The private snowboard shop near the list pass office/doctors is very reasonable for provate lessons. Its a very safe family freindly resort
Have a fab time - I loved it and would definately go back some day.
We stayed at the Panorama - food and rooms were good but the bar was very quiet - we headed into town or to the Ceilo Blue next door - owned by the local hippy - interesting decor and worth a visit
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
notnaturalblonde wrote:
Fab resort - good value. Fairly bland runs in PT - but also some goos long ones - head over to Pontedeligno for steeper tree lined runs - easy links between the resorts. Eden is in a central location - the resort is very long and narrow. If you want a gym or pool some of the larger hotels will accept non residents. The private snowboard shop near the list pass office/doctors is very reasonable for provate lessons. Its a very safe family freindly resort
Have a fab time - I loved it and would definately go back some day.
We stayed at the Panorama - food and rooms were good but the bar was very quiet - we headed into town or to the Ceilo Blue next door - owned by the local hippy - interesting decor and worth a visit

I stopped at the Cielo Blue, he wasn't a hippy it was Rambo
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
has any one stayed at the Cielo Blue? thinking of last minute deal there..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy