Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mission's V Mantra's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been using 2007 178cm Scott Missions for the last couple of trips (Banff, Tignes and Chamonix) and found them generally smooth and rewarding both on and off-piste. However, i've felt at times that i'm overpowering them, and might benefit from something stiffer.

I've an opportunity to pick up a pair of 2008 177cm Volkl Mantra's cheap from a colleague (the swap would cost me next to nothing if I sold the Missions). I'd also use the opportunity to upgrade to some touring bindings such as Marker Dukes as I plan some backcountry touring in the next couple of years. Apart from the extra 7mm underfoot, what other differences might I notice?

I'm an Advanced skier, 80kg, 5'10" who likes to ski hard and fast, approx 40% piste, 60% off piste most trips (100% off on powder days Very Happy ).

Cheers

BrightonSki
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

I'm an Advanced skier, 80kg, 5'10" who likes to ski hard and fast, approx 40% piste, 60% off piste most trips

Go for the Scott Crusade - they are everything you want and love being skied hard on piste.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BrightonSki, The Mantra's have a titanal plate in the rear of the ski which gives it longitudinal and torsional rigidity - so the they'll feel stiffer than the Missions. They are are a more aggressive, off-piste orientated ski than the Missions and with the addition of a pair of Dukes will become one of the most versatile set-ups available. Sounds like an ideal 'swap'.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy