Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno v Passo Tonale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am planning my easter 2010 ski trip for myself and 14 year old daughter, we did Livigno last easter and really enjoyed it, but i am always looking to keep costs down and when looking for our trip next year half board packages in Passo Tonale are coming in quite a bit cheaper, if you take lift pass into account. as skiers we will both be about same standard as she will have had 2 weeks lessons in total and other than maybe having a day or 1/2 private tution we feel we will want to explore the area ourselves. Livugno has the wonderful Motolino 7km long blue run, and 2 good blues at Costaccia, we really enjoy the longer runs, and although capable of reds i don't want to scare the poor lass.
can anyone advise about the length of runs at Passo tonale please and its suitability for what we require.
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to Passo Tonale but not Livigno. I think there's about 100km of pistes, plus the opportunity of visiting other resorts by bus on the same lift pass (Madonna, Folgarida, etc.). If you like long, slightly tricky runs you'll love Alpino and Paradiso, plus there are some nice runs down to the neighbouring resort of Ponte di Legno. The village itself is small and not particularly pretty with a noisy main road right through the middle of it. But other than that, there's very little wrong with Passo. It's high and has decent snow and represents very good value for money...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Forgot to say, the runs are mostly quite easy, so would suit your daughter. I think only Paradiso (the black down from the glacier) is what I would describe as tricky...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
cockerhoop, I've skied both and would recommend Passo over Livigno although I liked both. You can be a fair way from the town and/or the skiing in Livigno (we had a twenty minute walk into town at night - UPHILL on the way back Shocked Very Happy ) but Passo is more convenient with just that one road. The skiing was wide open pistes, and a fair number of them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

cockerhoop,

I've skied both too and would favour Livigno. Funnily enough, I did my first ever week there with my 14 yo daughter. I think its better for longer runs and the reds (that arent roads) are not that threatening. I loved the Mottolino run (bit mad at 4.30pm tho) and also the one out to Trepalle. I went back to L for my second trip.

Passo Tonale runs are shorter. There are few longer blues but they are quite flat and not a lot of fun. If you go to PT you must have a go at the Paradiso (black - but probably a stiff blue in France) run, it looks a lot harder than it is. Very wide once you get past the first bit its a steady gradient so you can make it as slow or as fast as you like. Cant speak eating out in PT as we went half-board.

I think theres a new link opened up from the Ponte di Legno which would open up new pistes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks you two
looks like Passo may get my ailing £
having done Livigno i would want to stop at Hotel Allegra right on slopes at Carosello godola, but with this being £100 more each for a week HB and the lift pass also being about £30 more Passo looks very tempting
reminds me of Montgenevre with the road going through
thinking of Hotel Panorama if anyone has been
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cockerhoop, Don't know that hotel, but (again - seem to have said this a lot lately Very Happy - and not even on commission) the Orchidea was very nice. About ten minutes walk along a flat road, nice food, clean and warm hotel, nice staff.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy