Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bristol/Grenoble carry-on rules

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know this gets asked a lot but I like an easy life and I'm finally off next week so just want to know what anyone's recent experience has been at Bristol and Grenoble with regard to boots and/or helmets in carry-on with Easyjet and/or Ryanair?

And before anyone else says it, I don't mean "Sid James is allowed to wear boots but only in Grenoble but Barbara Windsor can wear anything" etc... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I asked the question a few weeks ago at Bristol and the reply was you cannot have boots or helmet in hand luggage, Grenoble has signs up saying so too
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My helmet hangs of the back of my pack and I have never had any issues at any airport and I fly out of Bristol.. never tried boots in Hand luggague as that would just be a pain, but saw a number of people with then in depatures in December at Bristol..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The signs in Grenoble on Saturday said that any boots or helmets in hand luggage would be "DESTRUCTED" at security Confused

BTW luggage reclaim in Grenoble on Saturday night just after Christmas was chaotic - one belt for 4 flights coupled with appalling, gloomy lighting rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Has anyone actually had their helmet 'destructed'? Shocked (Sorry, back to the Carry On jokes I fear...)

I only ask because lots of people seem to have been told they can't take this or that, and plenty of people have seen the signs, but I don't recall reading anything from anyone who has actually been turned back at security or been made to repack in the airport. Does anyone have first-hand experience of these 'rules' actually being implemented?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A friend's daughter was relieved of her ski boots by Bristol airport security last winter. She left without them, and purchased another pair in resort. She didn't get the original pair back on her return. Expensive ski trip.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flew from Bristol to Grenoble on 21st December with helmet in hand luggage & no problems at all. However, I put it in hold luggage for the return flight yesterday as, like Hywel, I saw the signs at Grenoble warning boots & helmets couldn't be taken in hand luggage.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny wrote:
A friend's daughter was relieved of her ski boots by Bristol airport security last winter. She left without them, and purchased another pair in resort. She didn't get the original pair back on her return. Expensive ski trip.

Ouch!.

How did they justify losing them?

My only experience of anything left behind at Bristol was a sun hat that I accidentally left in the gate area, but which was in the lost property office when we returned. Something deliberately left (at their insistence) should have a better chance of still being there on return.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy