Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are these skis any good for me? re other post rent or buy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I dont know how to link this to my other post. options; rent or buy second hand, but what to look for? page 2

I am skiing on a budget in march. I like to ski the reds and tackle the odd bit of black so long as its not to narrow. eek memories of last year stuck between two cliffs unable to turn quickly enough!!!! I have not intentionally been off piste yet.

I am approx 160cms 5'3" tall weigh 48 kilo 7st 5lb, I bought boots last year Salomon Flex 100jr, course 100, That sounds technical, not really I copied it off the boot. I bought them for 25 quid last year and skiied in sweden. Love them, very comfortable. I dont know if they were previously thermal fitted but it didn't matter in this case.boot size 24.5 UK 5 1/2

My dilemma; Do I rent skis again or is it worth looking for a second hand pair. New is out of the question. unless I skip skiing for a year, seems pointless. I am flying BA so I dont think I have to pay extra to take skis.

Comprex and Jt were quite specific. Do these fit the criteria? I dont know what the sidecut figures each mean. Can anyone enlighten me?

Völkl (Volkl) Energy 320 156cm Carver Skis
Ideal for intermediate skiers
With "energy control" and "extended profile"
Sidecut 105/65/93mm Radius 13.7m
Comes with Marker M72 Logic Speedpoint bindings with riserplate (DIN settings up to 10).
These all terrain, mainly piste skis are 2 years old.

- 15-18m turn radius (this will be a longer published radius than a lot of skis in the lengths below)
- no wider than 72mm waist
- junior race flex or intermediate adult womens flex
- between 150 and 158 cm
- favoring vibration damping instead of light weight

Thankyou Snowheads

Ps just copied in a few relevent bits from the other post

Thanks for reading, all views welcome.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy