Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private Lessons in Avoriaz??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,
Heading to Avoriaz next week. Four adults with between 3 and 5 weeks experience.
We can all ski most reds pretty confidently and can get down some blacks with various degrees of elegance!
So - the plan is to have a couple of 'private' lessons with just the four of us, hoping to improve our general technique and help us into the world of off-piste skiing.

My on-line research has come up with four ski schools in Avoriaz
ESF - cheapest
Ecole de Glisse
Avoriaz Alpine Ski School
Freedom 2 Ski - most expensive

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above, or can you suggest anyone else who might be what we're looking for?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andy G,
I used Alpine Ski School in 2006 and they were really good. I had 3 group lesson over the course of a week, on the first 2 days there were only 4 in the class and on the last day the rest of the group had come down with food poisoning so there was just me! They keep their groups small and if all four of you are of a simular standard then it should work out quite well.
I was in an "advanced intermediate group", we did a few blacks, plenty of moguls and my first bit of proper off piste.
It should be nice & quiet in Avoriaz next week, have a good time!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was an able bodied buddy taking wheelchair users skiing in Avoriaz 5 years ago.

The instructor on the course was Ian McKellar, currently the director of the Avoriaz Alpine Ski School. He is an excellent ski instructor.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for the Avoriaz Alpine Ski School.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.thesnowinstitute.com/

Mo Duffy - BASI trainer - Highly recommended
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from Avoriaz - a quick update for anyone who might read this looking for feedback.

We ended up having two morning sessions with Jerome of the Ecole de Glisse. 155Euro per 3.5hr session for the four of us.
Excellent tuition, would recommend them to anyone. Others in our chalet also had lessons with them (on our recommendation) - different instructors - and came back with positive reports.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Andy G, I am oiff there in a few weeks, did you book it before you went or was it easy to get lessons when you where there?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gsyfreerider, we booked our two half day sessions the Wednesday before we went, but the other guys in the chalet only did it the night before for their 2hr sessions. Our instructor certainly didn't have any other clients either of the afternoons following on from us.
Having said that, it was a pretty quiet week, so I'd book sooner rather than later if you know what you want to do.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We tried to book Ecole de Glisse but they couldn't fit us in. We then went to ESF who were remarkably good. We've tried a few different ESF's and this was the best one but we may have just been lucky with the instructor. Certainly no negative feedback about them anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy