Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Nomad Whiteouts - views please ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have seen a good deal on these skis and wondered what other sHs thought of these skis, for both on and off-piste ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno, I bought a pair of these after going to Boot Camp last year but didnt manage to really try them out untill early December in La Plagne and I was not dissapointed with them Very Happy
Very responsive on both the soft and the piste. Didnt do what you would call real up to your waist off-piste and gnarly stuff Shocked but what I did ski they responded well Laughing
I got mine at Beans for £330 last year. Didnt you try them in Tignes? I would recomend them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linds, No I don't recall seeing any - I stuck to the missions. Maybe they didn't have them in my size, what size did you ski ?

I was slightly worried by the turning radius of 16.5, but apart from that they sound ok. We are shocked by the cost of ski hire in St Anton, so are tempted by these which I have seen at a very good price.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno, not bad, nice grip, a little dead-feeling in large bumps, made up for the fact that they have decent ice behaviour.
t

The 16.5m pr is actually a verry good thing or they would be as obnoxious as Metrons off-piste.

See if you can find a pair of Sugar Mamas to try, I think you will like them better.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So they are OK on piste then - I guess I need something like 60% piste 40% off-piste or maybe 50/50, so, would they do ? Truth of the matter is, I don't know what I want, and doubt I ever will Embarassed These are £239 inc bindings, so I figure that if I only use them twice, I shall not have lost my money and can still sell them on again.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, they've got the rep for being a good all mountain ski to progress on. I skied them for half a day in all conditions as part of a ski test last year and would agree. Quite forgiving, not for aggressive skiers but comfortable in all conditions. Certainly not too fat to compromise you too much on piste me thinks, depending though on what your goals are this season. Similarly the sidecut radius would be fine with an all mountain use in mind. Price sounds like a bargain!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had a set start of last season just as were released ex demo's from Valtho Sports.I didnt like them,Found them boring,Mine were a little unstable in a straight line at speed and a little too heavy,I used them for about 3 weeks or so then tossed them onto ebay they went for £150 I think ,replaced them with snoops.

Safe ur money IMO

Regards Mark
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Topsmoke, out of curiosity, were they ground by Valtho after demo release?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncogSkiSno, Fall-ine likes them and gives the impression that they are an all-mountain improver..but then what does that mean...? I think the give-away is the line about them not being suitable for agression and that that is the key-thing.

How does that sit with your thoughts? Personally, I think that 16.5m is not a helpful radius for off-piste..but some people think that that is indeed a comfort..that they can turn them when they really have to.

If you want to try more stuff off-piste and were happy with the Missions, get them. The same thought applies re the too turney rad' but go with what you know...or find the Punisher (TT Mission ) at around head-height. That will help in deep snow and bleed right off for on-piste so double helpful... Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT, I did wonder about the agression bit for the Whiteouts Confused

Another ski that caught my eye was the Head Everyone, which is classed as All Mountain, but is narrow underfoot and has a very short radius, so I am getting a bit confused as to what is supposedly an 'All Mountain' ski.

I don't do loads of off-piste, certainly not back country, but Canada could be a possibility and off to St Anton where supposedly many of the pistes aren't pisted ? . . . but I would like to feel confident off-piste, I did get the feeling whilst in Tignes, that my ski were running away with me when I was off-piste, and then I would panic and try to turn too suddenly (on the Mission 168). I am 170 tall, so I guess that mean 172 in the Punisher ? (but I am no more than 10st) Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno,

In deeper snow..it is all about how confident you feel on the skis..the idea is to let them run and use that speed to turn but that can bring its own load of problems.
If you go too fast, you may bank a shaper turn and tip over. That is why I think a turney ski isn't helpful..as sudden moves in deeper snow can trip you up.
The skiing needs to flow and resist stop/start turns as a) these rob you of your impetus, and b) it is more tiring..that is for starters

In St A, you will find loads of chopped as there are a host of peeps that will get there ASAP...and they know where to go first.

RE those Whiteouts, will you ride them or push them...? I'd be inclined to think that the 172 TT Punisher fits the bill..turney when you want...but can plane quite well if you let them run..and if they have Mission-like piste performance, then they cover lots of bases..which is why they are so popular...it seems.

I don't think the Whiteout at 80mm waste..IIRC..is going to be a breakthrough ski..it might be better than what you have or ski...but go wider, IMV..say 85-90mm.

Buit then again...only you know how or what you want to ski
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT, Ok, I have seen some Punishers for £349 inc bindings and on the site they are classed as an Advanced ski, however, the Missions are £459 inc bindings (both have exactly the same bindings) and the Missions are sold as an Expert ski Confused Confused

We were looking for bargain skiis, but I guess £350 is a reasonable price for the Punishers ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy