Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buy instead of rent? on a budget...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey all, first post here...been lingering for a while, but now i have a question Very Happy
i snowboard for about two weeks a year, usually in alvoriaz, and have done for the past 5 years, im going again this year, and at first i thought i would do the same as i usually do, just rent over there... but... having heard many bad things about the rental snowboards, i thought maybe i could buy my own? money is a huge issue however, im a student... and at the very most, i could spare 225 pounds... so my question, to your combined knowledge of everything related to this matter... is... for 225 pounds, can i buy a snowboard/bindings/snowboard boots, that will be better than the ones i would rent?

any further questions, please ask, any advice is welcome...

nathan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fallen_mathi, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I got an okay set up from Decathlon a few years back for not too many £££ (the board was a Nidecker and the bindings/boots were their own brand). if you have a store near you then it's worth taking a look. Definitely worth buying your own boots!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OH just got board, bindings & boots from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/boarders-world-boards-and-more - best offer of 150 euros was accepted on a kit of 199. The board had a 599 euro label on it - apparently it's winter 2005/2006 gear - who cares? Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fallen_mathi, welcome to Snowheads!

Previous years gear tends to go heavily discounted, as Alexandra illustrates. Doesn't have to be bad at all!
If in doubt, ask here Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hey all, thanks for the quick replies, am currently checking out the ideas/links that have been posted Very Happy thanks, any other suggestions, there always welcome Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fallen_mathi, Wish I was a student your budget is double mine Laughing

Good luck happy huntin'
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy