Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets to Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - am coming out to Les Gets on the 18th Jan for 4 days, can one of you kind people confirm the easiest / quickest way to get up to Avoriaz if conditions are poor by then? We won't have a car so will be relying on lifts / bus service. I came out two years ago and anything below about 1600m was completely green - this year looks a lot better but we only have a short time so want to get the best conditions we can. We're a couple of reasonably competent snowboarders so are happy to take an "interesting" route if necessary. Happy

Nick
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hatpegs, 2 years ago was exceptional. I was there when Les Gets was green, but it snowed during the week, although we drove to Ardent or Super Morzine each day.
There's a bus from Mont Chery lift to Morzine, then you need to get across to SuperMorzine, or the bus up to Prodains.

By lift is more fun.... Up Chavannes, down the Red then Blue (Belle Mouille?) to bottom of Fys, up Fys, down piste to Morzine.
On the way back... Up Pleney, down to bottom of Belvedere, up Belvedere, down the piste signposted Les Gets.

(I think - someone more local can hopefully confirm - I've not skiied that for a few years).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would have thought that, if you had a car it would be easiest to drive to Les Prodains or Ardent (we prefer Ardent).

If not, it's go by bus or ski to Morzine then cross the town to the Super Morzine lift, from the top you can ski to Avoriaz but it can be slushy in the Super Morzine area when conditions are poor.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No car this year so on-piste or bus the only options. Sounds good anyhow - I know the area well on a mountain bike in the summer (obviously less reliant on lifts and buses then!) but have never snowboarded there, apart from 2006 which really didn't count. Couldn't believe my eyes when we arrived - it was like June.. Fingers crossed conditions hold up for a couple of weeks. Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a lot of snow on the ground, I can't see how it would all melt in two weeks;
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hatpegs, I don't think January is going to be a problem for snow there. I was in Morzine 2006 and 2007, the second time was in March and the grass was a shock!

There are two ways over to Morzine from Les Gets, one via Pleiney which'll give you a 10min skiboot walk or a 5min comedy choo-choo train/bus to the Super Morzine bubble, and the other via the Les Gets bowl and over to the Nyon cable car, where you can get a Navette down the hill into the town. Some of the pistes around the Les Gets bowl and the Pointe de Nyon are really nice, all through the forest.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1-2 weeks in January? 2007 was green. Basically, it will need to be warm (not a major problem) for 2-3 weeks, *and* rain (which washes all the snow away). If that happens consistently for the next 2 weeks, then start thinking about contingency plans. Otherwise, use those links for exploring the area. If Les Gets is mostly closed, then they'll close the links to Morzine anyway and put all the effort into keeping Pleney and Chavannes slopes open, and they'll lay on special extra buses to SuperMorzine.
In the week that Les Gets was green, we got a full 6 days on snow in Avoriaz (pretty good up at Fornet), with links over to Chatel-Linga and Champery, with only the first day being ropey.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy