Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

would i get bored in lapland?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone. im loking to go skiing end of feb early march, i usually head off to canada but budget wont stretch that far this time around. so my alternative is to stay in europe but look for somewhere that has quiet slopes as i prefer having a bit of space to ski in. i know i wont find slopes as quiet as in canada but has anyone got any recommendations? i was thinking of lapland but im not sure how long it would take to get slightly bored as the runs dont seem to be so long. ability wise im a decent red run skier now but just prefer to get away from the hustle and bustle, any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
colors, My 19 year old son has been to Levi and when asked this question replied with a grimace. I suggest some of the smaller Austrian resorts might suit.

snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
colors, you'll arrive and ask where the skiing takes place because it appears very flat. More like gently rolling hills than actual mountains. Yes, you'll get bored in the gloom. I went once and spent my time snowmobiling.

Quote:

i know i wont find slopes as quiet as in canada
yes you will. Less heard-of places in Austria, Switzerland etc can definitely offer quiet skiing. Even some well-known and supposedly busy places can be quiet. Go to the Kitzbuhel area and ski in Pass Thurn for example.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i love lapland and am returning in a months time,i went last year with a very confident boarder who has done a few seasons in france and austria and he said the terrain was excellant and he never got bored, ha made the runs as challenging as he wanted it to be, gauranteed snow at this time of year aswell.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 4-01-09 21:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
does anyone know what andorra is like skiing wise? is it busy on the slopes there?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a few days skiing in Levi. I enjoyed it and the skiing was interesting but is restricted, compared to many alpine resorts (can be pretty chilly too). Enjoyed a snowmobile excursion. But I would second Bode Swiller's comments.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have skied in several different resorts in Europe, including some big name resorts (never been to US/Canada for skiing) and have never really encountered very busy pistes except perhaps the last run down at the end of the day if the conditions have been good. The trick is to avoid February and Christmas/New Year weeks. I tend to go either mid-January or mid-late March (but not Easter). The result is uncrowded slopes, quiet enjoyable resorts and better still, CHEAPER PRICES...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy