Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Snow Houses in Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone heard or stayed in them?

Thanks in advance,

Nick.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nick-o, I have but a long time ago. The ones we were in (two different haus in two different weeks) were OK for the money and we booked late. One was about ten/fifteen minutes walk from the centre, no bus, not en suite rooms, and run by one lady who wouldn't see 70 again. The other was about 5 minutes walk, also not en suite, and run by two 20-somethings emplyed by Thomson. It's a bit hit and miss, I think, but in general they are B & B guest houses, without facilities or fripperies. If you are OK with that, happy to walk a bit, and the price is OK......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alternatively, if you mean the ice bar and "hotel" on the Ahorn, we visited last year for a hot chocolate, and were very impressed with the bar area and the public spaces. The rooms were separate from the bar, each looking like a hobbit hole in a mound of snow, so we didn't see inside them, but the public space has a mock-up of a room, and it looked very nice. The sculpture and carving inside the rooms was to a very high standard, and they had great lighting and sound as well.

The only problem with the bar was they didn't sell hot drinks... lots of expensive cocktails, but no coffee or hot chocolate. There's an alm about 100 metres away which provides full services.

Distance from the lift to the rooms was about 200 yards - no doubt they'd transport you and your luggage by skidoo, as this is on a shallow slope, and across the piste.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.white-lounge.at/de/100404/gallery_fotos_iglu.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As Anniepen, says B & B guest houses
We have used them in the summer (not called snowhouses in the summer)
I cant remember the name but it was a bit of a walk to the centre of the village
Quality was good for what we payed
Obviously no saunas or steam rooms etc though
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy