Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skis, are they ready to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I just noticed on ebay a seller who says about some new k2 Xplorers: "We will also detune the tips and tails and wax the bases so the skis are 100% ready to hit the snow".

Well, I bought some Xplorers in the Christmas sales and never having owned skis before assumed they would be ready to go.

I would welcome any comments.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ullrfest, You don't need to detune the tips and tails on modern skis. It may be a good idea to get them waxed before you ski.

I am sure spyderjon will give some advice soon or use the search facility to do a search. Enjoy your new skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I bought my first pair a couple of years ago I took them into an Intersport (not having a clue myself), and was advised that they shouldn't need waxing but that it was a good idea to check the bindings were set up properly - they ran the bindings through some kind of testing machine and told me everything was fine Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ullrfest, skis are like women: even if they are ready to go as they are, they may still want a bit of makeup.

Detuning is like Farrah Fawcett hair: went out in the last century.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If they are detuned you'll be skiiding turns like a rally car Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used to de-tune my 210 GS skis back in the late 80s. With short modern skis I always keep them sharp from tip to tail.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would advise you get them serviced as I have found that there is still quite a bit of muck on them from the manufacturing process. I think someone else has also noted this on the forum but I can't remember who.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The_Hirsty wrote:
I would advise you get them serviced as I have found that there is still quite a bit of muck on them from the manufacturing process. I think someone else has also noted this on the forum but I can't remember who.

I've just started work on a new pair of Fischers that I recent bought from Sport Conrad. As per spyderjon's tutoring, I hot scraped the bases. It was surprising how much crud came off with the first scrape.......from a base that looked clean and tidy The second hot scrape was a lot cleaner. I then started building up the bases with wax/scrape after another, after another, after another....... This was all after tuning the side edges. A lot of work, yes....., but worth the effort....absolutely! (IMHO)

If you search snowHead there was been a couple of recent postings on what to do with new skis
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy