Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Advice!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a family resort we have 2 boys 8 and 12, we did La plagne 2 years ago at christmas and although snow not great we had a fantastic holiday. The down side was our youngest son found ESF ski school difficult as they did'nt speak much english!! We are looking to go at new year so looking for somewhere with a good chance of snow and english speaking instructors! Any ideas? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fizz1973, Welcome to snowHeads. It is quite difficult to answer your question as each country has its own character and people like different things. As far as skiing goes, La Plagne takes some beating.

In my own experience, Austrian instructors often have better English than French ones, so Austria might be worth considering. My personal favourite Austrian resort is Saalbach- Hinterglemm, but there are lots of nice ones. I have heard that Andorra has very good English-speaking instructors and they have good snow this year. An awful lot depends on your instructor. La Plagne and Les Arcs would be top of my personal list, but you have been there!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fizz1973, welcome to Snowheads. You might do well to find a resort with an English ski school - British Alpine Ski School, for example, which has bases in a number of resorts, including Morzine. There are others, too. When are you planning to go and what sort of accommodation do you like?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Instructos in Andorra (in my experience) are quite often from New Zealand or Australia - so perhaps Arinsal might be worth a look?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fizz1973, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead La Tania in the 3 Valleys may be a good option for you. We didn't use any ski school in the end (boys were 8 and 13 and had a bad experience with ESF the year before) but had dealt with Magic Academy with a view to booking lessons. They were very helpful and prices were OK from memory. The staff I dealt with were English and we were promised English-speaking instruction, which given our experience with ESF was the important factor for us. The resort is very family-friendly too, with a pedestrianised centre and sledging on the nursery slopes (which are in the centre) after the lifts close. Prices are IME, generally lower than other areas of the 3 Valleys
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fizz1973,
Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

No particular resort advice but a couple of points

1) is that New Year on average will have less good snow conditions than later in the year but is one of the most expensive times to go. If you are able it may be worthwhile thinking of an alternative time for your holiday.

2)If you are planning on using one of the smaller ski schools and there are lots in the alps, it is important to book them in advance particularly at busy times. Otherwise you may default into the bigger ski schools.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fizz1973, welcome to snowheads !

Try andorra but head for Soldeu. My other half learned to ski there and with a couple of mates two years later. Great snow at present plus all instructors are english speaking.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fizz1973, Could try Morzine and use BASI - not treid myself but had thought of using a couple of years back. Some Crystal hotel is based up the hill at ski school meeting point looked absolutely ideal but did not do family room for 5 so we went somewhere else - sorry cant remember name of hotel, but its one of their club hotels. Have used French, Italian and Austrian ski shools for kids - Austrian was the best. If not on a tight budget you could go to Oberlech, my personal favourtite family resort - would probably set you back around £1k per head for flights and accomodation though
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the advice and tips, I am going mad surfing the net I think we just need to make a decision and go for it!

Thanks again Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy