Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,I have just booked a trip on the 10th of Jan with Skitopia to Hotel La Grange in Montgenevre, £465 catered accommadation lift pass and equipment hire,does anyone have any information on the resort,hotel or Company.

cheers Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Grafter, see my post on Skitopia over in Trips. Just come back from Montgenevre - it was brilliant! The condiitons were so good, and the pistes ideal for my party as we cannot go above blue runs yet! However, that is not to say that there were reds and blacks if you want . the resort is quiet, but that did not bother us. I thought things were pricey (e4.50 for a bowl of frites on the mountain - now equivalent to £4.50 of course and average of 4euros a pint.) had to resort to making own lunches in order to get through the week.! We liked Cadesol for atmosphere and drinks by a log fire. There is however, a very reasonable place that does good Pizzas, tartiflette and amazing salads called le cesar at the bottom end of town. Nice staff and service there as well. Hope you have a great time - we did!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What do you want to know? I'm sorry but that question is too vague.

To start you off information wise, it is a good area for improving intermediates and it has some good off piste.

La Graal is the bar where the majority of people go for a quiet drink at night. It is a quiet resort, not one for partying.

A lack of mountain restaurants, best bet is always to return to the resort, and sit on the sun terraces. La Cadesol, which has already been mentioned is one of my favourites for Cabonara or Tartiflette. There is a very pizzeria, I forget its name though. It isn't on the main street though.

I love the place, and will return in the future.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Traditional village with beautiful wooded hills on lower half of slopes (good for tree skiing) and higher up some fantastic off piste, especially from the Rocher de l'Aigle. Then the whole Milky Way circuit available. I'll go there again I think.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am going to Montgenevre with Skitopia on the 24th Jan - would be interested in your thoughts on the accommodation as thats where we're staying.

We went to Serre with Skitopia last year and found them top be really good - the food, service and knowledge of the staff were really good. I guess thats why we're going with them again!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are going with Skitopia for the fifth year running this year and have had some great holidays with them. La Grange is great for a cheap stay, although when we were there last year the chef had left and the food was pretty poor, although not bad considering the price.
Generally very impressed with Montgenevre, pretty quiet, but varied skiing, also second the recommendation of the Graal, although can get fairly lively when there's a live band on (fancy dress punk night was a riot) - although nothing compared to bigger resorts. Also the Vialettea ski area is massive, definitely worth hiring an ESF guide for the day to find the best runs as it's quite a long way to travel (and as i recall your Montgenevre ski pass includes a day in the wider area).
Also another trick - last year Skitopia organised a day trip to Serre Che - definitely worth doing, but this also means that your 6 day Monty pass has a day left on it - handy if your transfer on the Saturday doesn't leave until the afternoon..... Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
number9dream, that last point is a very good one and one that I will bare in mind in the future. Never knew that untill you just pointed that out, thank you. 7 days skiing for the price of 6 sounds good to me, in an excellent wider skiing area. snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

and average of 4euros a pint.)

Wow thats cheap by french standards!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the grafter,
How was your trip?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A nice piece on Montgenevre just written this week on http://www.mountainpassions.com/winter/resort_profiles/ski_montgenevre.htm
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy