Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flight Fuel Surcharges

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this has been raised before......

I booked a week to USA (for Feb 09) way back in March / April 08 for two people with Crystal and at the time of the booking the flight supplement was 'estimated' at £79 as the actual supplement hadnt been released by BA or Virgin. At the end of April the phone call from the Travel Agent advised;

BA surcharge = £158 pp
Virgin surcharge = £298pp

Fuel costs were obviously on the up and BA/Virgin were attempting to protect themselves against these. However, as we dont fly til Feb and fuel is now at its lowest in three years, would you not expect some reduction and rebate to the customer??

Looking at the BA website now, they advise that flights booked from 18/12/08 will be subject to a flight supplement of £66!!!!!

Now i know the argument will be that BA have to buy their fuel in advance.... but are they saying that they carry almost a years worth of fuel in storage!??

I'm sure that had the fuel surcharge increased AFTER i booked, they would have come to me advising additional monies please......

The additional cost of the holiday is £158 (after the original surcharge estimate) which equates to a two hour private lessons in resort!

BA / Crystal are now receiving emails / letters of complaint!

Anybody else 'suffered' the same?

PS: Made worse that we have to go in the scholl half term (as gf works in school) so not cheap in first place.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it is utterly outrageous that there is currently any fuel surcharge at all!

Aircraft fuel is virtually tax free and is down 75% from is peak.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Of course their attitude will be 'there's a profit to be had' kind of like the Energy companies so keen to raise prices but when it comes to reducing them... Mad

Its one of the reasons Canada has been out of my budget range for the last couple of years! Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy