Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North Face Decagon coat??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guy's, i've been looking for some new kit to take skiing this year, i quite like the look of The North Face Decagon coat, i can get it at a good price and the spec looks good, however i've noticed that The North Face coats range in price by quite a large amount and i'm wondering why that is?
I'm worried that the Decagon jacket won't be warm/waterproof/breathable enough. I've been using a £100 wedze jacket from decathlon which is actually nice and warm, maybe not the hardest wearing but pretty good all the same.

Can anyone give me any info on this jacket or an idea of what to look for?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hugh_b, I think it's just the case that the cheaper North Face jackets use their own HyVent fabric and the pricier ones use Gore-tex.

I've got one of their HyVent ski jackets which I've used for four or five weeks skiing and I've also got some of their HyVent trousers which I've used for three of four weeks. Both seem pretty good to me as regards being waterproof and breathable. My jacket's just a shell with a thin lining, but I find that makes it very versatile as I can vary the layers underneath it - I've been comfortable skiing in it in January and April.

I've also got a North Face hiking jacket in HyVent fabric which heavy rain just runs off - which is not always that great if you're not wearing waterproof trousers Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hugh_b, I bought a North Face Decagon jacket last year and used it for 3 ski trips. I found it comfortable, warm (I skied in temperatures of -15 with a baselayer and fleece mid-layer) and practical with loads of pockets. I have also used it in the lake district and it is waterproof and breathable enough.

Go for it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sounds great! Just ordered it and can't wait to test it at the end of the month! Thanks again Hugh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy