Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you don't take a phone with you when skiing you are a ......

Poster: A snowHead
Muppet?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46330&start=81
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You're more of a muppet if you don't know where in the resort you're staying.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Technophobe?

Person wanting to get away from it all?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Muppet

If it wasn't for needing it in case of emergencies or for work, I would quite happily eat my mobile, I bloody hate it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
.................and yet, millions of people skied for years without them and survived Puzzled

Perhaps having mobile phones really does melt your brain and cause you to lose common sense wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boris wrote:
.................and yet, millions of people skied for years without them and survived Puzzled ......

Yabbut I bet these guys wish they had had one. I've highlighted this one before - but no harm to visit it again.

I also think that if I came upon an accident, I would think it little comfort not to have a chance (there's not always a signal) of calling up help just because millions of my predecessors didn't carry a phone.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, there is obviously a sound reason for having a mobile - I take one myself. But perhaps, like SatNavs, we shouldn't rely on them and remember to use our common sense
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boris, with you there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always carry one, yes people managed before - but why not make use of techology if it is there. It is also handy for taking embassasing pictures of your mates when they fall Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I took my mobile onto the slopes with me one year and it got wet somehow whilst it was in my pocket and stopped working until it dried out. When I turned it back on the 'trackball' never worked again as it should of done.

Now I don't take my phone on the slopes with me but take it around the town at nights which seems to be the same situation as the two girls in the OP's link.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Because I'm old fashioned (and can also read a map)!!! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As much as I hate the damn things, it's not a bad idea to take one. Switch it off 'till you need it.

They even make special jacket pockets for them now, apparently........................

john.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Personaly i wouldnt take one its took likely to get broken.

I would take one if i was planning on phoning someone or reciving a call.

But generaly would leave it in the hotel.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I always carry a phone. It has never been damaged or broken - even in falls in deep snow.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Karl Moto, Agreed if carried in the wrong pocket - it could also hurt you if falling on it. Personally I use a pocket in the breast area of my jacket... which would also save me from a shot in the heart from a sniper snowHead
ski holidays
but remember to turn it off if the avalanche risk is high or you are going off piste
http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/digital-avalanche-transceivers-affected-by-mobile-phones/
ski holidays
person who doesn't have a mobile phone and can live perfectly well without one?
snow report
stevo_the_saddler, but if you're relying on the phone to take the hit, how are you going to ring the Rozzers to take down the sniper? A kevlar plate in each breast pocket and the phone in a lower pocket is surely the way to go...?
latest report
Phones seem to work pretty well in the Alps where there is generally good coverage, unlike lots of places remotely hilly in the UK Shocked
snow report
yeah but how many times have you tried to get them to understand you for a start, and then you have to explain exactly where you are. and as for turning off your mobile when off piste i beg to differ as a good friend of mine was killed in a slide and they homed in on his mobile as he did not have a transciever on and found his body, yeah i know not wearing one is stupid but we taught in a snow school he skied i board and we used to get the early cable up for a fresh run before lesson, and where we rode was pisted it was a cross over that broke and got him from the side so mobile on is ok
not starting a rift hear just my view!!!!! i just hate the confinments of a cable car listening to a german if you get me!!
snow report
markbish, I am sorry you lost a friend that way. Turning off the phone is a recommendation for those who are wearing a transceiver. I take your point about the value of having one switched on otherwise.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy