Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BIG SKY: 1st time visitor-any accomodation recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and a couple of mates will be visiting Big Sky for the first time on 24th Jan and wondered if anyone here had any recommendations on somewhere to stay, bearing in mind the following:

* Needs to be in Big Sky & central
    * Not looking to spend mega money
    * Must have decent hot tub!
    * Hotel Or Condo is fine

We've already checked out The Lodge and Huntley's Lodge - anyone stayed at either of these? Quite like the idea of a condo to be honest if anyone has any experience here and can recommend anything.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi
Stayed at the Huntley Lodge last year and going back this year in Feb. Rooms were fine for 2 adults and one child, had a decent hot tub/pool area. We had a package that included full buffet breakfast and ski passes all included. Breakfast was very good and lodge is only a short walk to the slopes. Resort is good although people may find it fairly quiet in the evenings
Paid for this years accomadation in September so have been protected somewhat from the decline of the pound. Have just spent a week in Park City and due to the decline of the pound, America has got a lot more expensive then in previous years
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, andypart. Good work on booking early! I was looking at the discounts you get if you get accomodation + ski pass and certainly looks to offer a decent reduction - sounds like the way forward as you suggest. Not bothered about quiet evenings, only 3 of us anyway - couple of beers and some food usually does the trick. What's your opinion of the skiing - judging by fact your going back I guess you like it?!

I think we've got to be prepared that wherever you go in NA, it's going to be quite a bit of a hike in the cost. Enjoy your hols.

Cheers
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We found the skiing great, we like nice well groomed slopes and we found them here, We did go to the top of the mountain but that was to just look at the views, however the skiing looked really interesting. If you up grade the standard lift ticket you can also go to Moonlight Basin which is next door to Big Sky and again offers some good bowl skiing.

We found the slopes very quiet with hardly any waiting required at any of the normal lifts, the only queues being at the tram to take you to the top of the mountain.

We spent a day going to Yellowstone to have a look around which is about an hours drive away from the resort.

We got a transfer to and from the airport which meant that we didn't have a car but there is also a good bus service around the resort.

Have fun
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed in the Huntley 3 years ago; it was pretty good - large rooms, decent hot tub, fabulous breakfast and great roaring log fires in the foyer. Very central, too, and I liked the cheerful, human-managed locker room. I'd consider staying there again if I wanted a hotel, but I now generally prefer the privacy of a condo.

You must visit Yellowstone if you're staying in Big Sky. Much as I love skiing, my day in Yellowstone was the highlight of my holiday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Beautiful afternoon down at West Yellowstone today!

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonny Jones, Martin Bell,

Cheers for the Yellowstone tips and pics, it does indeed look stunning. We'll have some wheels so hopefully can try and get down there.

Mr. Jones, can you recommend any condos you've used in the past? Like you, would probably prefer one of these.

Cheers
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
By being central in Big Sky do you mean the resort or the town? Up in the resort there are a lot of slopeside lodging options such as the huntley lodge however, that is just a hotel and you would have to eat all your meals out which up at the resort is severely limited and of poor quality. I would recommend a condo there so you can self cater and maybe a car to get down to the restaurants which are mostly down in "town". There are many options for lodging and restaurants and shops in the "meadow village" which is what passes for the town of Big Sky, Which I think is a better place to stay but is about 10-15 minutes to the slopes.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
j, thanks for that post. hadn't figured out that the medows area was the town itself with all the restaurants - been struggling to find a half decent map of the town online so far, so much appreciated!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatmansan, I've only been to Big Sky once, so I can't recommend any condos there. It's a resort that I definitely want to return to, though, so I'm interested to know how you
get on to help me plan a trip another year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There is a map on here http://www.bigskygourmet.com/ although it is not complete - missing La Luna, Corral and Bucks T4
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cheers, Martin Bell, not seen this one.

Jonny Jones, will let you know who it goes on our return in Feb.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Martin Bell, Jonny Jones, For the record, we stayed @ The Lodge At Big Sky. Seemed to get it for a steal ($129 per room, which had 2 queens and a double sofa bed). Has good hotub, although the outside ones were not really warm enough to enjoy fully. Good pool. Free Breakfast. 3 min walk to lift, or there's a shuttle in true american style to run you up there anyway!

Resort itself was cracking - fortunate to have some snow. Best run of the time there was off the Dakota lift after it had snowed. No one there at all, queues were non existent for the 3 days we skied there. Pretty big area too, relatively speaking. Will definitely be returning at somepoint if there's the snow as it's a fun place.

Jonny Jones, if you want anymore info, feel free to PM me. Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy