Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fritschi Bindings - quelle difference?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This might be an obvious questions but here goes..

The Fritschi site does not give the weight of the brakes, which come with the Freeride Plus as standard but not with the Explore.

I assume that the Explore with brakes are still lighter than the Freeride Plus?

These are primarily for touring. Is there any significant drawback of the Explores to get the weight advantage?

Many thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
22 dropout, I don't know about the weight, but Mrs Ski has used a pair of Titanal III (predessor of the Explore) for several years, with both downhill and touring boots. No problems at all.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
22 dropout, how much do you weigh? How hard do you ski? If you are light and as you say primarily for touring the Explores will be OK. Personally I would get the Freeride Plus. Actually, I would get Dynafit but that's just me...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
22 dropout wrote:
I assume that the Explore with brakes are still lighter than the Freeride Plus?

Only just, the brakes weigh around 170g which halves the weight difference.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm about 68kg and ski fairly light. These are to get me into ski touring on my old Zag 74's and I expect to go dynafit in a couple of years with a lighter rig altogether. For day tours and to give more options it seems as though we might as well get the performance advantage of the Freeride Plus.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy