Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reducing lift pass prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Given all the chat about less people going skiing this year, etc, I was wondering if ski resorts ever reduce lift pass prices to tempt more people on to the mountain. Football/rugby/cricket clubs, theme parks, etc do it to increase attendances so why shouldn't the ski companies follow suit?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, there is some evidence of this, but not by direct reductions. The Jungfrau Region have introduced some new 'offers' in the last couple of years:

A season pass entitles the holder to half-price travel on all the railways and cableways during the following summer season,

Kids ski free every Saturday when a parent buys a ski-pass,

Also we got a cut-price ski service at the start of this season - redeemable by production of the receipt for your season pass.

Having said all that, there is absolutely nothing to be gained for the average UK punter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The American resorts seem to be doing this quite aggressively.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm hoping Canadian resorts will do the same as I'm heading there for a few weeks in March. I was going to buy my Whistler pass online last week but figured I'd wait a bit to see if there were any reductions going.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telford_mike, well it's not happened in Saalbach/Hinterglemm yet, with the exchange rate as it is, it will cost us £195 for 6 days Sad Fingers crossed they do reduce it! Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Currently over fifty quid for a day pass covering Zermatt & Cervinia.... Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Which is actually not that bad when you consider that an hour's pass at the Snowdome is £21. Food for thought...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, £19 for 90 mins at Chillfactore...but just as boring! Tried to convince them to reduce the price and give an option of just 60 mins, but no joy so far!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alexandra wrote:
The American resorts seem to be doing this quite aggressively.

but their 'rack rate' prices are ridiculous...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike, Not new though, they had that for at LEAST last year as well.

Can't say its aimed at tourists though. How many non-locals have a season pass?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ronald wrote:
telford_mike, Not new though, they had that for at LEAST last year as well.

Can't say its aimed at tourists though. How many non-locals have a season pass?

Ronald. By Jungfrau Region standards, anything that's happened in the last 10 years is 'new' wink

And you're right - none of this seems to be aimed at normal tourists. The last time I saw an offer for tourists was during the great snow-drought in the 1990s. We arrived on Christmas Eve and there was no snow whatsoever. In response to this, Jungfrau Railways had a special offer - 20% off all ski passes! Not very generous considering there was no skiing to be had anywhere in the region.

I am an eternal optimist however, so I bought a 2 week pass at the knock-down price. Sure enough we had 80cm of snow that very night, and all was well Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The way things are going I think touring ski's and skins are going to be big next season -better start getting fitter rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy